Fish 30acre

Top Of The Line 3d Lure Eyes?

i am looking for some above average lure eyes. i am familiar with all the sponsor links and the ones you can find on ebay, but i am looking for something a little more realistic. i dont want taxidermy eyes because they are too expensive. i want something like you find on some top of the line crankbaits and swimbaits. are these out there for the general public? any help would be greatly appreciated guys.

I buy my eyes from luremaking.com. They are canadian so the price looks high but are lower than they appear. They have 3d molded eye in every color, size you could want. They have prism, cat eyes anything and if they dont have it they will get it for you. Hope this helps

do u know who the companies in tailand are? or how do i go about ordering thru a company like that? i know of alibaba, but are there other sites that sell the eyes? just having trouble finding the type of eyes im looking for... and not wanting the predator baits eyes.

-

I'm with yah on this one thirty, I've seen some down looking eyes on some painted cranks (like on the Megabass baits) that are a cool touch; but I can't seem to find them anywhere. :unsure:

do u know who the companies in tailand are? or how do i go about ordering thru a company like that? i know of alibaba, but are there other sites that sell the eyes? just having trouble finding the type of eyes im looking for... and not wanting the predator baits eyes.

Ordering from overseas will require 10-15K minimum order. It might help if you specifically name the lure eye your searching for. Not really sure why, but eye sources are protected information by a lot of guys. The Boss lure eyes are a good quality product similar to taxidermy eyes. They do cost 3-4 times more than regular eyes. They don't offer a lot of different colors, but they super cool. The only two places I have ever seen them is Tackle Warehouse and fishingskirts.com

Ordering from overseas will require 10-15K minimum order. It might help if you specifically name the lure eye your searching for. Not really sure why, but eye sources are protected information by a lot of guys. The Boss lure eyes are a good quality product similar to taxidermy eyes. They do cost 3-4 times more than regular eyes. They don't offer a lot of different colors, but they super cool. The only two places I have ever seen them is Tackle Warehouse and fishingskirts.com

-

Thanks gunnie, why the heck I never saw tham at tacklwarehouse; I have no idea? I'm on their site daily! .:P

Edited by motomania

Contact phil@mangofishing.com don't let him hornswaggle you I'm pretty sure you can get them for 10.00 1000 if you can order 100,000. pm me for the rest of the story.

im not really sure why either! and theres not a specific lure im looking at. megabass and tru tungsten eyes are more what im looking for tho. ive seen the boss eyes and they seem to be closest to what im looking for but still not up to par for me...

I dunno, must need to get my eyeglasses prescription changed as the eyes in the photo appear to be the exact same eyes that Im holding a card of 1/2" silver/gold/black pupil up next to the pic, looks like the same eyes, and I got mine from Predator.. I'll stick to supporting our site sponsor, he never shorts ya on the count, super fast delivery, no wait on a Thai shipment..

Jp~

In all Honesty Fish don't give a rats a#& about eyes. I use them just to make my lures look cool. Because it is an art . I hand paint most of my eyes and can make them look about any way I want. Adds extra time and more processes but then I'm in no hurry . I'm not trying to make money just break even on my fun.

In all Honesty Fish don't give a rats a#& about eyes. I use them just to make my lures look cool. Because it is an art . I hand paint most of my eyes and can make them look about any way I want. Adds extra time and more processes but then I'm in no hurry . I'm not trying to make money just break even on my fun.

-

I thought so too, but this article is interesting, and seems to make some sense. (at least to me :blink:)

-

http://www.tacklemaking.com/default.php?pageID=121

i am looking for some above average lure eyes. i am familiar with all the sponsor links and the ones you can find on ebay, but i am looking for something a little more realistic. i dont want taxidermy eyes because they are too expensive. i want something like you find on some top of the line crankbaits and swimbaits. are these out there for the general public? any help would be greatly appreciated guys.

Have you tried making them yourself, like most of this 'Art' it can be a lengthy but rewarding experience. You will also appreciate why 'real' eyes cost so much.

Pete

Tried it and you have to have the viscosity just right on the epoxies and different viscosities for the tones. Plus the sticky back lure tapeand color pigments you start with. Then you better be darn fast and accurate doing this by hand. Not even going to talk about start up cost just to get a hundred or so of them in an hour. The longer you go the more tired your eyes get and the shakeier the hand. I'll buy any I use.

I dunno, must need to get my eyeglasses prescription changed as the eyes in the photo appear to be the exact same eyes that Im holding a card of 1/2" silver/gold/black pupil up next to the pic, looks like the same eyes, and I got mine from Predator.. I'll stick to supporting our site sponsor, he never shorts ya on the count, super fast delivery, no wait on a Thai shipment..

Jp~

My thoughts exactly. Predator and Bog Baits both have excellent eyes.

Hazmail had a great idea. Try making them yourself. Download GIMP (free). It allows you to download pictures of fish eyes from the internet. You can resize them, bundle them, print them, apply them to to holographic, silver, or gold foil, cut them to size, then apply a drop of solarez uv (thick or medium). The beauty of this is that you can make specific eyes for specific lure patterns. There are a few vids on you tube.

• Like 1