flyguys

First Try On Painting

This is my first try at airbruhing a crank. I have no experience in airbrushing o dont go to rough on me. Im looking for tips way to make deigns better any help would be aprreciated. I have to pot a link to photo gallery bc every pic i try to load to post says they are to large. Heres the link

http://www.tackleunderground.com/community/gallery/image/7305-first-paintjob/

That's a good start.

Painting is one of those things that requires lots of practice. The more you paint, the better you get.

I'd suggest you hang a sheet of white cardboard next to where you paint, and practice with your airbrush and paints until you get comfortable doing it. That way, you don't have to paint a lure to practice.

Play around with how much air, how much paint, how close to the work, all of that stuff. Even scaling and making kill spots and eyes. Get used to controlling the air flow and paint flow, and how far you need to hold the brush away from the lure.

Once you've tried all of these techniques a number of times, you'll be amazed at how quickly you can adapt them to your lure painting.

And remember, several thin coats, heat set between each coat, is better than one heavy coat.