Bullsbug

Problems With 2 Color Injector

I'm a newbie and I need a little help. I just tried out my new LC twin injector and I only got one shot out of 4 that worked. I had mixed 2 four oz batches of plastic and I put 2 tablespoons of salt in each. I filled my injectors with the temp at 315-335. The shots that failed, the adapter would clog before I could get the plastic flowing. My question is does my tips need to be cleaner, does my plastic need to be hotter or could the salt be clogging the nozzle? Also I added a cap full of heat stabilizer to each batch is this about right and the salt and stabilizer needs to be added before heating right?

Well I think the injectors need to be hotter(mainly the tips). When using Plastic with salt the heat may have to be more in the 350 range because of the heat loss from the injectors. Another tip is you need to keep moving and dont hesitate. Two color injectors have small ports and will clog fast if you hesitate even for a moment. The temp between the two colors should be within 10 deg or closer if possible to keep the laminates real consistant. Good luck and post some pics in the gallery when you get some done. Frank

I'm a newbie and I need a little help. I just tried out my new LC twin injector and I only got one shot out of 4 that worked. I had mixed 2 four oz batches of plastic and I put 2 tablespoons of salt in each. I filled my injectors with the temp at 315-335. The shots that failed, the adapter would clog before I could get the plastic flowing. My question is does my tips need to be cleaner, does my plastic need to be hotter or could the salt be clogging the nozzle? Also I added a cap full of heat stabilizer to each batch is this about right and the salt and stabilizer needs to be added before heating right?

I put mine on my hot plate and all the problems went away. With out heating the injectors I was ready to throw them in the trash. You may want to look a bears site there is quite a bit of information there as well as there is here.

I put mine on my hot plate and all the problems went away. With out heating the injectors I was ready to throw them in the trash. You may want to look a bears site there is quite a bit of information there as well as there is here.

What I have found that works is to turn your heat gun on and lay it on its side. Then pull the injector handle all the way back and lay the injector in front of the heat gun with the injector head slightly inside the heat gun head. This will blow hot air all the way up inside the injector. Warm your mold up on the hotplate and get your plastic ready. Push the injector handle down and pull in the hot plastic and inject the mold! Works like a charm for me. :D