flyguys

Best Way To Apply Epoxy

I've always used a square tipped artist's brush and they last several years - just dip them in acetone or lacquer thinner and brush them out on a piece of cloth until they're clean and soft again. I don't get how a finger can get epoxy everywhere I want it, including around the lip margin and the hook hangers.

i gues i hould clarify i still use a bruh in hard to reach areas but the main body i use my finger it seems to give a nice smooth finish.

I use cheap kids nylon paintbrushes I find at wally world in the art department. I think they come about 30 to a pack for $2.48 so I just use one and throw it away. I also wear tight fitting plastic gloves whenever I work with epoxy. Don't like the idea of it on my skin. The container warns that it may cause cancer in the state of california; I don't actually live in california but I have visited there so I don't take any chances. :lol:

I use the brush method. I also ran into the problem with the brushes stiffing up after several uses.

What I do now is I clean the epoxy off with Acetone and then I clean the brush with dish detergent and warm water really well. This has allowed me to keep using the same brush for a long time before buying a new one.

I also discovered that you can buy Acetone by the gallon from your local Beauty Supply store. I got a gallon of Acetone for $9.99.

It seems to be more 'pure' (if possible). It seems to clean better. Probably just me :D