Sniper

Printed Laminated Bags

Thought I would share the results of my search for printed laminated bags. I only contacted companies in the US.

1. Contacted "Presto Products" = They never returned my call.

2. Contacted "Bison Bag" = Spoke to Garrett. He told me that this laminated material is very "special" and it's the same type of material used in the medical industry where the specifications are much higher than the fishing industry. For this reason, he told me they would have to order 5,000 pounds of the material at one time that would roughly make 300,000 worm bags.

3. Contacted "Ultraflex" = Spoke to Alden. He echoed what Garrett at Bison Bag told me. The only difference is he would try and get two other companies to go in with me for the material purchase. That way, it would reduce the amount of bags each person would have to buy. However, he still said each person would need to purchase 50,000 bags each.

4. Contacted "In-Pact Poly" = Spoke to Steve. He told me they would also have to order the material but he could print 50,000 bags for me and not have to wait for other companies to split the material. The price per bag would be between .08-.10 each and each color would cost a one-time "plate set-up" fee of $200 per color. I have 5 colors in my design. He said the lead time between artwork approval and delivery would be around 8 weeks.

5. Contacted "Johnson Bag Company" = Spoke to Doreen. She told me they could print 15,000-20,000 bags for me and the cost per bag would run between .08-.10 each. The one time "plate set-up fee" would cost $250 per color. She said the lead time between artwork approval and delivery would be 10-12 weeks.

I know lots of folks have wondered about going this route and others have checked into it. Just wanted to share the information I was given as of July, 2010. Hope this helps someone.

Troy

Might be easier and less expensive if you have a label printed up that can stick on a generic worm bag. I went this route when I used to sell in the sotres. Very effective and I was getting rolls of 1000 labels for like 105.00

That's what I'm currently using now and yes it's cheaper in the short run but not in end. You figure a plain laminated bag plus 2 labels front and back and you're close to three times what a printed bag will cost. Unfortunately, looks like you have to buy 20,000-50,000 at one time.

Is anyone using printed bags from Johnson? I would love to know what their print quality looks like. In-Pact Poly sent some samples and they look sharp!

I use the 2"x4" peel offs. I put my logo and the color and that's it. I used to put what type of bait, color, etc. and was driving myself crazy.

All of my orders are internet sale so they know what type of bait they ordered. I seem to spend as much time with the packaging process as I do pouring.

CaptRodney

This quote is from the following post:

http://www.tackleunderground.com/community/topic/16026-labeling-what-is-in-the-bag/page__p__121663__hl__%2Bsticker+%2Bpaper__fromsearch__1#entry121663

I used a company from Fl. about 4 yrs ago, I don't remember the name but I could buy them in rolls of 1000 with no min. As a garage outfit, 20K bags or labels is simply too many. If I was Zoom, 50K, no problem but the reality of buying 50k bags or labels otherwise is simply overwhelming.

Oh trust me, it's been overwhelming for me too. The way I figure, I'm either gonna make it big or have 49,999 really nice ziplock sandwich bags! :spam:

I've heard there is also a shelf life on the printed bags. You might want to check into that as well if you go that route.

We use Zip Top bags and staple a header card to the bag or put a sticker on them .. The cheapest place I have found to get the stickers made and the header cards is U Printing look them up on the net. If you need any help with graphics or making of you header card let me know.. Also you will find that just about all the companies you are speaking of out source there lam. bag printing to China..

Thanks,

John

Edited by johnny438

I found this to be one of the hardest things to get done. There's a company based here in America call "clear bags" that's the company you want to go to. Your brows there specific types of bags there are types just for fishing lures. Once you get the dimensions of the bag you want you need to get your graphic designer incontact with the person at clear bags. Clear bags will send a stencil what the dimensions needed to fit your particular bag to your graphic designer and your graphic designer will modify everything you want to fit the bag you want. I couldn't be more happier and how my bags in particular turned out and how cooperative and nice the people that clear bags are. Hope this helps

• Like 1