Guest Anonymous

Mixing Epoxy

Guest Anonymous

Hey yall .... here is another trick I use:

thegadgetsource_1774_42678018

I mentioned in the past that I weigh my epoxy on a scale for equal amounts and proper curing.

If you are like me and order gallons at a time or just some large quantities, I pour from my gallon jugs into plastic squeeze bottle mustard and ketchup containers. (the ones with the snap on caps)

They make great dispensers and you can use them over and over. No need for the syringes that way and cuts down on the mess.

Take Care!!

Chip :D

Chip,

After reading your original post about you using the scale to measure your epoxy I figured I give it a try with the stuff I'm using. The epoxy I'm using says to mix equal volumes not equal weights and I measured equal volumes in 2 seperate containers, the weights were dramatically different. the Hardener was alot lighter than the epoxy. What type of epoxy are you using that youcan do that???

Guest Anonymous

I use decon 30 and 5 min. I also use envirotex. I never mix more that 2 ounces at a time (total part A & B) and have never had a problem.

That is interesting though... I read my bottle and it says "equal amounts" which I assume could be by weight or volume.

Thanks for pointing that out. I did weigh my part A and B in separate cups and I was almost right on with regard to weight.

hmmmmmmm.

Thaks Blackjack!

By the way....I drool over your babybass pattern.... Nice color application!

Chip :D