CatchemCaro

Material For Deep Diving Crank Bait Lips?

Hi all

I have been making some deep diving crank baits and I'm using standard plexy glass. It's been working ok. I was wondering what you guys are all using. I want my crank bait lips to be clear so I'm not interested in the curcuit board material. So what are you guys using and why?

Thanks

Rich

Hi all

I have been making some deep diving crank baits and I'm using standard plexy glass. It's been working ok. I was wondering what you guys are all using. I want my crank bait lips to be clear so I'm not interested in the curcuit board material. So what are you guys using and why?

Thanks

Rich

I use lexan cause plexy glass will crack and break in cold water

Just fyi, Lexan is a brand name for G.E.'s polycarbonate. There are lots of polycarbonate manufacturers now and any brand has the same properties (toughness, clarity, crack resistance). I buy it in 1'x 1' sheets from McMaster-Carr. Glass shops and home centers also carry it. I wouldn't use anything else for clear crankbait lips. Personally, I like circuit board for super deep diver lips due to its thinness and performance advantages (yep, it gets deeper) but Lexan has the advantage of being transparent, not just translucent.