Mayberry_Customs

Small Dots?

you could dip a toothpick in paint and make spots that way.

I do like DSV says. You can vary the size of the dots by clipping a little off the end of the toothpick or by controlling how much you let the drop of paint touch the bait. Just barely for smaller dots and closer for larger ones. Don't worry about getting them all looking the same size. Mother Nature rarely does this when she's "painting".

Take the tip off your airbrush and just paint with the needle only.. you will paint finer sharper dots.

TIP 2.. IF YOUR SKILLS OF AIRBRUSH PAINTING are lacking and you got no FINGER CONTROL.. WELCOME TO THE CLUB SKIPPY your not alone! NO NEED TO WORRY... TRICKS arent just for KIDS.

TRY THIS TO HELP YOUR DISFUNCTIONAL ABILITY

Get out your hand dremmel and drill bit and a mt dew 2 liter bottle

or any kind of plastic that is tuffer than most stencil you buy or most of our ego's..You get the point!

TAKE A 1/16 or 1/32 or 1/8 or however big you want your holes to be and DRILL THE PLASTIC.

The drill bit will rip the plastic bottle up and not make PREFECT DOTS! JUST LIKE MOTHER NATURE DOES. IMPREFECTIONS IS WHAT MAKES THINGS Look PREFECT in the end.. SO I agree with the MOTHER NATURE COMMENT TOO.

ebay1.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Good luck and HAPPY PAINTING!

Edited by The_Rookie

Agree with the mother nature and imperfect dots comments. I do mine similar to Matt only I make the stencil's out of apple pie foil tray's. Cut out the base and use a nail to punch the hole in a random pattern (say 10 holes) then flip over and use a stanley to cut off the punched bits. This rips the hole a bit and adds a unique imperfection into each dot. Then spray on bait moving the stencil down the bait. This will give both random overlap and dot size. Only choice then is how many dots and the size you want them.

Angus

Some of the dots were painted with the tip off the airbrush. like the ones on the head of this picture above.

And some of the other dots were painted using the rip stencil trick with a dremmel drill bit. You can use this trick

to add extra tiny detail in your stencils that you cant do with a hobby knife.

Man, I love your work!