TwoBits

Any Ideas On Making This Jig Head ?

I made some walleye jigs that looked just like that. I used my mold for making my round head jigs. I took thin stainless steel wire and formed one end into an eye and bent it so it would set in the mold where the hook would be and then poured the lead. After pouring the lead I cut the wire to the length I needed and then twisted around a finish nail to form the other eye. I imagine you can do this with any mold

Mike

I've been thinking of doing a multi-cavity RTV mold for something just like that. They're used on flounder around here and they're very effective. All you need are some sinker eyes and a means of making some round clay models. Should be relatively easy.

I made one just like that out of a do-it football jig mold and a piece of wire. I twisted the wire to lock on the hook instead of having the hook molded in. Takes a bit of time bending it, but it does work. The mold is currently listed for sale in the classifies.

I made this a couple of years ago out of a do-it football jig mold. 1/8 to 1/2 oz. ruined the mold for making jigs. Made it for floating worms, doesn't matter how it lands, the worm will stand up. will try to post a couple of pics in the gallery tomorrow.

John

I made this one yesterday after reading this topic. I used my weedless football head mold and did not modify it in any way. I used some old hooks for the eye and cut them off just past the head inside the collar (of the cavity). I used a skirt collar over the clipped hook nub to prevent lead from casting the collar and passed a section of .035 spinnerbait wire through the skirt collar and laid it in the hook slot. I put a "j" bend inside the head to hold the wire in place. After trimming some flashing, I used ny roundnose pliers to attach a 3/0 EWG Superline. Sorry about the cellphone pic, but you get the idea.

0807000958.jpg

Don't tell Tommy Biffle! :unsure:

-D

Edited by Big-D

I made this a couple of years ago out of a do-it football jig mold. 1/8 to 1/2 oz. ruined the mold for making jigs. Made it for floating worms, doesn't matter how it lands, the worm will stand up. will try to post a couple of pics in the gallery tomorrow.

John

Sorry, it took me a couple of days to get around to posting the pic. I put it in the gallery tonight along with a couple of other things that I have made. Maybe it gives you some ideas. I will take a pic of the modified mold and get it posted soon. Hope it helps you out in some way.

John

http://www.tackleunderground.com/community/gallery/image/7437-some-things-i-make/

Here is a pic of the modified mold. Its pretty messy with a lot of dremmeling and JB Weld but it works. As I said it will not make jigs anymore. Oops, upload failed, will load it to the gallery.

http://www.tackleunderground.com/community/gallery/image/7446-pic-of-modified-mold/

Edited by JBlaze

I made this one yesterday after reading this topic. I used my weedless football head mold and did not modify it in any way. I used some old hooks for the eye and cut them off just past the head inside the collar (of the cavity). I used a skirt collar over the clipped hook nub to prevent lead from casting the collar and passed a section of .035 spinnerbait wire through the skirt collar and laid it in the hook slot. I put a "j" bend inside the head to hold the wire in place. After trimming some flashing, I used ny roundnose pliers to attach a 3/0 EWG Superline. Sorry about the cellphone pic, but you get the idea.

0807000958.jpg

Don't tell Tommy Biffle! :unsure:

-D