CatchingConcepts

paint and results

Well, as being inspired by you guys, I am trying to perfect better finishes. I still cant seem to get the right paints that will work well thru the airbrush and cover for desired results. I bought some expensive water based taxidermy paints but they just have to be thinned so much that they are very transparent. I am thinking of just using some clear coat and mixing all my own pigments and solids into it to get desired colors.

using stencils and the use of pearls and transparent paints will give the best results, but just gave up and went back to stuff out of rattle cans sprayed through the airbrush to get results below. they are fresh and uncoated with epoxy topcoat yet.

any comments?

Would love to throw them at your pike Frank! I have caught a few US pike up to 25 lbs on lures I made. On the topcoat I am using the 5 ton Devcon, but plan of switching to the envirotex.

As for today I tried to go a little less impressionistic as the Punkinseed was and stick to a more basic Spring bream patern.

I did some with pearl, but liked these the best. Still am using all paints, on these I used water based, acrylic and laquer paints.