rattlebait

Help Finding This Scale Mesh

@ rattlebait

Sorry , but I can't give you exact sources ,......to me it looks like a covering net of wooden fruit boxes(oranges/tangerines , etc.),....... if the mesh isn't too fine grade !

Check the backyard and or waste bin of your local greengrocer or live healthier :lol:

good luck , diemai :yay:

Lufas bath sponges etc.

Some people have used dip nets from pet stores and such, although they have smaller mesh pattern, they mold well around a bait. You can look at michael's if you want, they have a lot of fabric. I wouldnt buy anything to rigid though, some plastic meshes dare to pliable.

If i said, yes......I'd be lying!:(

.......just imagine how upset them girls would get if you still did and then tell 'em something like "see ya later sweetheart , need to do some urgent lure painting down the shop , .....gonna be back in a little while....!" :lol::lol::lol:

@ rattlebait

......sorry for getting a bit off topic :worship: !

greetz , diemai :yay:

......sorry for getting a bit off topic :worship: !

Topic is just fine Diemai, all relevant information.

I had a look at my shower scrubber/ball thingy. The mesh is very similar, a welded mesh. But the material is very fine, compared with the photo in post No1, but might be what you are looking for.

Dave

What I use and like is the mesh you find on a soft cooler or the mesh you find on backpacks hunting fanny packs etc.

This mesh is a lot courser and should last forever.

This was my little secret.

But you all have helped me so much I owe you one.

THANK YOU

Topic is just fine Diemai, all relevant information.

I had a look at my shower scrubber/ball thingy. The mesh is very similar, a welded mesh. But the material is very fine, compared with the photo in post No1, but might be what you are looking for.

Dave

Dave,

I just took apart one of those scrubber thingies. Holy crow, that's a lot of mesh! There are a bunch of long tubes. And it's flexible so it should form to lure bodies better than the tulle I'm using right now.

Thanks for the tip.

Dave,

I just took apart one of those scrubber thingies. Holy crow, that's a lot of mesh! There are a bunch of long tubes. And it's flexible so it should form to lure bodies better than the tulle I'm using right now.

Thanks for the tip.

Hey Mark,

Something I've noticed about the tulle is that some colors are softer and conform to the bait much better than others. I have no idea why that is, but just happened to notice it in the hobby store one day. I had bought two separate bunches of the white tulle and it was pretty stiff. Even tried dipping it in boiling water to see if it would soften up and no luck. The next time I went in there I happened to grab a powder blue in the same material and noticed it was much softer. Figured what the heck and bought some to try. It worked great. Now I don't know if that is going to be true of all brands, but it might be worth giving it a look.

Ben

Hey Mark,

Something I've noticed about the tulle is that some colors are softer and conform to the bait much better than others. I have no idea why that is, but just happened to notice it in the hobby store one day. I had bought two separate bunches of the white tulle and it was pretty stiff. Even tried dipping it in boiling water to see if it would soften up and no luck. The next time I went in there I happened to grab a powder blue in the same material and noticed it was much softer. Figured what the heck and bought some to try. It worked great. Now I don't know if that is going to be true of all brands, but it might be worth giving it a look.

Ben

Ben,

Thanks for the tip. I've been using the white, and it is stiff, until I've used it once or twice.

I'll look for the blue, and give it a try.