alaskan79

Powder Paint Question?

Hi

I have some jigheads that I am going to be powder painting. I know that you should first coat them with white if I am going to be using flourescent colors. My question is this should I cure the white then coat them with the other colors. Or can I just reheat the jig after I have the white on, then coat them with the other color. I was thinking of coating them with white then storing them that way and put the other colors on them as I need the jigs.

Thanks Henry

I don't use a white base coat when using the flourescent colors or candy colors either but it depends on what you're looking for, anyway to answer your question, you do not need to cure the base coat and then apply the color coat, simply paint white and then apply your color. You can paint your jigs white and let them sit and then apply a color coat later on but sometimes when you reheat a white jig asfter sitting it'll burn slightly so becarful when applying heat.