gotcha562

Best Scent For Salwater?

Who make the best scents? Seems like my options are pretty limited...Has anybody ever tried to make their own? Thanks in advance! Oops sorry for the typo in the title, Saltwater that is.

I like bears scents. Never tried to make any they have to be oil based not water based and if buying from outsourced place you have to buy a ton to save any money

Who make the best scents? Seems like my options are pretty limited...Has anybody ever tried to make their own? Thanks in advance! Oops sorry for the typo in the title, Saltwater that is.

Pro Cure makes a whole series of bait oils which, while not specifically made for soft plastics, certainly are made for salt water. They include (among others) Sardine, Herring, and Krill and Squid. I don't think I'd try to cook them into the bait, but they work great topically

distilled water, poor dried shrimp or fish scent chum (for offshore fishing)into glass container with distilled water and microwave to a boil. shake container and let the particals settle down, poor the water and oils into a small spray bottle, this one bottle (4-ounce) will last for about four months. one spray is all it takes. also refill the bottle that was used with distilled water and leave on the boat, you just dip lure into solution, throw the lure with solid particals on it, fish don't care, been doing it for years. you can also boil (outside/backyard) your fish skins/left over bait and poor that in a one gallon container (fishoil/shrimp water)and that works better than anything on the market. it can get messy and turn into work but it beats any thing on the market today, except pure oils by fisheries. scents are for masking the natural (plastics oils) scents by soft plastic lures, speckled trout is in the parts per million/billion in detecting scent from the lure, also, the handling of the lure (human scent) will mask that of the lure from what i have read in previous studies, its a alot simpilier to buy your scents already made from a store, except beer, a fire, boiling fish/shrimp parts to make a substance to catch fish, yep its fun. one thing to add on both applications is a pinch of garlic, here in houston is a major maker of scents and he suggests that. i don't use it just wonted to pass that on

distilled water, poor dried shrimp or fish scent chum (for offshore fishing)into glass container with distilled water and microwave to a boil. shake container and let the particals settle down, poor the water and oils into a small spray bottle, this one bottle (4-ounce) will last for about four months. one spray is all it takes. also refill the bottle that was used with distilled water and leave on the boat, you just dip lure into solution, throw the lure with solid particals on it, fish don't care, been doing it for years. you can also boil (outside/backyard) your fish skins/left over bait and poor that in a one gallon container (fishoil/shrimp water)and that works better than anything on the market. it can get messy and turn into work but it beats any thing on the market today, except pure oils by fisheries. scents are for masking the natural (plastics oils) scents by soft plastic lures, speckled trout is in the parts per million/billion in detecting scent from the lure, also, the handling of the lure (human scent) will mask that of the lure from what i have read in previous studies, its a alot simpilier to buy your scents already made from a store, except beer, a fire, boiling fish/shrimp parts to make a substance to catch fish, yep its fun. one thing to add on both applications is a pinch of garlic, here in houston is a major maker of scents and he suggests that. i don't use it just wonted to pass that on

I have a dumb question...ok 2 dumb ones....1st can you do this same type of "recipe" for lets say CRAWS or shad? and what type of consistency does this "home Brew" make? is it liquidy..oily..thick or thin..etc. I have been toying with the desire to make my own fish scent, but dont even know how or where to start.

Thx