red00bird

Jawtec Jigs

Since nobody has chimed in, I have a feeling that we are not familiar with that jig.

If you have a picture of one, I'm sure someone will be able to ID the hook (some of us here have searched for every hook ever manufactured :P) ... and even give you some ideas how to reproduce it.

I have some of those jigs as well and have wondered what hook they are. They were made in the late 80's and they were way ahead of their time. It is a black nickel, flat eye, 30-45 degree hook that is extremely stout with a large round bend bite to it. It has a flat bottom to the head, similar to a flat football head.

Tim

I have some of those jigs as well and have wondered what hook they are. They were made in the late 80's and they were way ahead of their time. It is a black nickel, flat eye, 30-45 degree hook that is extremely stout with a large round bend bite to it. It has a flat bottom to the head, similar to a flat football head.

Tim

Thats it Tim. These are some great jigs.

The Jaw-Tec Big Bite did indeed have a custom manufactured hook. If i remember correctly it had a fourty five degree bend downward immediately after it extended out the back of the skirt collar. It was a good jig and the company seemed to be promoting it well. I cant imagine why its not being made anymore.

Edited by WidowMaker

Just to keep this ancient post going, I have a ton of Bruce Benedict's JawTec plastics that I've had in storage for years and have just gotten out, but never had any of his jigs.  Lots of Wacky Craws, Wacky Worms, Salt Craws and grubs, but no jigs. Sorry Guys.  I do make jigs, but don't know what his jig looked like.  Maybe if someone has one left they could post a pic.

• Like 1