Richard Prager

Preferred Cup Size :)

I'm about ready to buy an airbrush and after reading all the threads, I'm going with the Iwata Eclipse HP. I've narrowed down to two brushes and would like some advice

The HP-BS comes with a 1/16oz cup, new in the box 75-$100 shipped

The HP-CS comes w/1/3oz cup, new in the box $120 shipped

The money isn't the issue. I just don't want to purchase one and then wish I bought the other. I'm just starting out with this and certainly don't have to worry about production.

Thanks,

Richard

I've got the Iwata HP-C Plus with the 1/3 oz. cup and I love it. It holds enough paint to spray base coats and is large enough that cleaning isn't an issue. I'd say go for it.

Thanks, I appreciate the help with this. I can see I would have been kicking myself if i bought the Hp-bs. I guess cup size does matter:yay:

I paint everyday and 100's a month. You will definitely want the larger cup size. I makes it easier to blowback for cleaning (covering the nozzle with your finger actuation the air and cleaning out prior to a color change)But you wont be diappointed withh either one, IWATA is without a doubt the best.

34B is my favorite but I wouldn't throw away anything bigger or smaller if it presented itself LOL

Sorry I had to :)

I'm about ready to buy an airbrush and after reading all the threads, I'm going with the Iwata Eclipse HP. I've narrowed down to two brushes and would like some advice

The HP-BS comes with a 1/16oz cup, new in the box 75-$100 shipped

The HP-CS comes w/1/3oz cup, new in the box $120 shipped

The money isn't the issue. I just don't want to purchase one and then wish I bought the other. I'm just starting out with this and certainly don't have to worry about production.

Thanks,

Richard

Richard,

To present another option to you, this is what I do.

1. For Basecoat, I have a cheap airbrush with similar size to the C cup. This is more for the nozzle size and not the cup size. I spray my base coat with 0.5mm nozzle. It is either straight from the bottle or pre mixed in a mixing cup. Either way if the cup empties, it is easy to fill it up.

2. For remainder of the bait I use an Iwata B cup with 0.2mm nozzle. Yes the cup is a bit smaller, but the cup is not in the way as much when painting. If I need more paint than the cup will hold, it is not an issue for me because my paints are either mixed or thinned before brushing so I leave the surplus in the mixing cup and re-fill the brush as required.

I have no issues cleaning either brush with backwash method and personally apprieciate a larger nozzle for basecoating and the smaller nozzle size when doing the detail work. I looked at the C cup Iwata (0.3mm from memory) but wanted the smaller nozzle of the B for detail work.

Which ever way you go, like you said, no regrets and its all good.

Angus

I say buy them both and try to get a price break. You can never have just one!!

Yeah, I was thinking about both and was bidding on a few on e-bay which was starting to make me nuts! I decided to go with a new one from Coast Air after hearing good things about them from you guys. I got the Iwata HP-CS for $119 and a few colors. They also matched the free shipping that was offered by US Art and saved a few cents on the colors as well. Their site is very easy to browse around and replied to my e-mails almost immediately. I'm glad i went with a new one as opposed to saving a few bucks on a used one. This way I'll know how it is suppose to perform instead of wondering if it has a bent this or clogged that. Thanks for all the quick replies and helping me out with making my decision.

Richard