hookset1

A Little Newbie Help Please?

Hey guys, I am new to the site and have a few newbie questions for anyone who will help...I am interseted in making my own soft plastic baits for personal use...I use Senko's alot and would like to start there..Basically I a trying to figure out the best way to go about it....I am interested in Injection style molds. They just seem to produce a more quality bait time after time...I need the works and am trying to learn before I waste $$$$$ on useless stuff...I am willing to invest a few hundred $$ and any input on personal experience will help...Good Molds, Plastic Combo's, Basically what company to invest in, and what to invest in..Anything will help and looking foward to maybe meting a few people here so please feel free to post...

Thanks, Hookset1

And tight lines to all!!!!

Hey guys, I am new to the site and have a few newbie questions for anyone who will help...I am interseted in making my own soft plastic baits for personal use...I use Senko's alot and would like to start there..Basically I a trying to figure out the best way to go about it....I am interested in Injection style molds. They just seem to produce a more quality bait time after time...I need the works and am trying to learn before I waste $$$ on useless stuff...I am willing to invest a few hundred $ and any input on personal experience will help...Good Molds, Plastic Combo's, Basically what company to invest in, and what to invest in..Anything will help and looking foward to maybe meting a few people here so please feel free to post...

Thanks, Hookset1

And tight lines to all!!!!

Get ahold of Bear at www.bearsbaits.com and ask about the stick bait kit, it will have everything (plastic, colour, flake, injector, mold etc) you need to start injecting stick baits (senko's)

Get ahold of Bear at www.bearsbaits.com and ask about the stick bait kit, it will have everything (plastic, colour, flake, injector, mold etc) you need to start injecting stick baits (senko'

Thanks Man so def. go with the injection molds?? I like bears molds from looking but do u have any experience with them??? I am looking to do 4.25" and 5.25" or something similar, and want to eventually do 2 tone baits and fun stuff??..But thanks again for the help bro..

Does any1 have good recipes for stick baits as far as Plastic Content and Salt,Colorant,Glitter,Etc??? I need to get a start I am itching haha!!

Thanks again SHK for the advise I am already looking into it!!

Edited by hookset1

Thanks Man so def. go with the injection molds?? I like bears molds from looking but do u have any experience with them??? I am looking to do 4.25" and 5.25" or something similar, and want to eventually do 2 tone baits and fun stuff??..But thanks again for the help bro..

Does any1 have good recipes for stick baits as far as Plastic Content and Salt,Colorant,Glitter,Etc??? I need to get a start I am itching haha!!

Thanks again SHK for the advise I am already looking into it!!

i have 10 of the 5.25 stick molds myself. very easy to shoot, even laminates with the 2 colour injectors. if you plan on getting more than one you're going to want the large injector. the med can only fill a single mold, large can fill 3.

plastic, salt etc is all personal preference. for colours see the recipe thread, lots of good ones in there. for sticks i will use 4 parts plastic, 2 parts salt, 1 part softener, so 1 cup soft plastic, 1/2 cup salt, 1/4 cup softener

i have 10 of the 5.25 stick molds myself. very easy to shoot, even laminates with the 2 colour injectors. if you plan on getting more than one you're going to want the large injector. the med can only fill a single mold, large can fill 3.

plastic, salt etc is all personal preference. for colours see the recipe thread, lots of good ones in there. for sticks i will use 4 parts plastic, 2 parts salt, 1 part softener, so 1 cup soft plastic, 1/2 cup salt, 1/4 cup softener

Thanks man seems like a good place to start. Question I think I a gonna go with Calhoun's soft plastic and softner, colorant and glitter from lurecraft.. Do you know anything about it, anygood, is there something better??? Plastic is a main concern of mine want to get it right and I am not afraid to pay for the plastic as it is the main ingredient..any help would be awsome...

And I am torn I want the 4.25" and bears dosen't have it. So I might get that from Dels and the 5.25" from Bears. Any Input here for me??

Does anyone else have any input???Other opinions or ideas is always excepted????

Thanks man seems like a good place to start. Question I think I a gonna go with Calhoun's soft plastic and softner, colorant and glitter from lurecraft.. Do you know anything about it, anygood, is there something better??? Plastic is a main concern of mine want to get it right and I am not afraid to pay for the plastic as it is the main ingredient..any help would be awsome...

And I am torn I want the 4.25" and bears dosen't have it. So I might get that from Dels and the 5.25" from Bears. Any Input here for me??

Does anyone else have any input???Other opinions or ideas is always excepted????

I need a simple question answered... I am getting a del-mart 5.25" injection mold and I was wondering what the best injector to get would be.

Should I get it from Bears, Basstackle, Or somewhere else...

Please help gotta put in this order before it kills me haha!!!!

I need a simple question answered... I am getting a del-mart 5.25" injection mold and I was wondering what the best injector to get would be.

Should I get it from Bears, Basstackle, Or somewhere else...

Please help gotta put in this order before it kills me haha!!!!

I have the Basstackle injector and love it. I don't wanna bash anyone, but I would look at Bear's injection molds. He is the king of injection molds! The design makes them far easier to inject consistently. I use his Chemionics plastic as well, and it is great.

I have the Basstackle injector and love it. I don't wanna bash anyone, but I would look at Bear's injection molds. He is the king of injection molds! The design makes them far easier to inject consistently. I use his Chemionics plastic as well, and it is great.

most of the current injectors were modelled after Bear's as well wink.gif

Injectors for the most part do the same job and do it well. Basstackles and Jacobs have a pin in the tip that prevents them from coming off when you dont want them to. Look at Bass tackles site and go to the Twinjector and click on lager pics you will see the pin set up there. I just makes thing alot easier with less things to think about. Frank

Injectors for the most part do the same job and do it well. Basstackles and Jacobs have a pin in the tip that prevents them from coming off when you dont want them to. Look at Bass tackles site and go to the Twinjector and click on lager pics you will see the pin set up there. I just makes thing alot easier with less things to think about. Frank

Thanks frank. I like the thought of less hassle. I am gonna go with the del molds for the stick becuse they have the 4.25" bears doesn't it's 4.5"...I am going to hold off on getting the injection 5'25" from bear beacuse his seems to have bigger ribs in the worm and its a bit slimmer which I like sometimes.. But for now I want to get closer to a GYama.

I saw that Bears has a LRG injector and Basstakle doesn't....Is 8oz really nessessary..or wil a 6oz. be fine...Keep in mind I am prob going to be getting a second injector soon. What di you guys think is the closest stik to a senko..Thats what I want...I have been talking with April from Del-Mart and she has been so helpful and I will def get the 4.25" off of them..

Gonna be purchaseing Calhoun's Soft, and Softner Anyome use this for their senko???If so what has the expericnce been like??? O ordered 20 colors and 20 glitters lastnight so I got a little start....Now I gotta get the mold,injector,plastic which I think I have narrowed down, but trying to figure out which would be the easiest to use..

Questiion are the bears, and basstackle injectors universal with all molds???? No 1 has answered this for me yet...

Thanks frank. I like the thought of less hassle. I am gonna go with the del molds for the stick becuse they have the 4.25" bears doesn't it's 4.5"...I am going to hold off on getting the injection 5'25" from bear beacuse his seems to have bigger ribs in the worm and its a bit slimmer which I like sometimes.. But for now I want to get closer to a GYama.

I saw that Bears has a LRG injector and Basstakle doesn't....Is 8oz really nessessary..or wil a 6oz. be fine...Keep in mind I am prob going to be getting a second injector soon. What di you guys think is the closest stik to a senko..Thats what I want...I have been talking with April from Del-Mart and she has been so helpful and I will def get the 4.25" off of them..

Gonna be purchaseing Calhoun's Soft, and Softner Anyome use this for their senko???If so what has the expericnce been like??? O ordered 20 colors and 20 glitters lastnight so I got a little start....Now I gotta get the mold,injector,plastic which I think I have narrowed down, but trying to figure out which would be the easiest to use..

Questiion are the bears, and basstackle injectors universal with all molds???? No 1 has answered this for me yet...

bears, basstackles, and dels injectors will work with bear's, basstackles, dels and k-molds/Lurecraft's injection molds. they all have a 5/8 opening.

A large injector is nice if you have the molds to fill with it. My go to injector is the three oz one. I will use the six if I have alot of molds out. It is a matter of choice. Del has injectors also, you might look on his site I posted a pic of his injector. It has a threaded tip, nice unit also just takes more time to clean. Frank

Edited by Frank

A large injector is nice if you have the molds to fill with it. My go to injector is the three oz one. I will use the six if I have alot of molds out. It is a matter of choice. Del has injectors also, you might look on his site I posted a pic of his injector. It has a threaded tip, nice unit also just takes more time to clean. Frank

Ok so I have decided on getting the bears 5 cav. 5.25" injection mold...And I am gonna get the Med size injector from Him as well..The only thing I am wondering, I was tod that basstackle's injector has a pin in it so the tip doesn't fall of...Is there something lke that on the bears???it looks like it just pulls off with o ring in it.....I don't want it to fall off while im injecting....

Any Help on that would be awsome...Does Basstackle make a 5.25" or 4.25"????only saw the 4 & 5"????

Ok so I have decided on getting the bears 5 cav. 5.25" injection mold...And I am gonna get the Med size injector from Him as well..The only thing I am wondering, I was tod that basstackle's injector has a pin in it so the tip doesn't fall of...Is there something lke that on the bears???it looks like it just pulls off with o ring in it.....I don't want it to fall off while im injecting....

Any Help on that would be awsome...Does Basstackle make a 5.25" or 4.25"????only saw the 4 & 5"????

I was looking into the calhoun's before I purchased it, and I am being told it burns easy smells bad....Now that coulb be from lack of experience from the other people or maybe it is the product....I'm not sure that's why I am turning to you guys....Should I look into a different plastic company.....

Calhoun is all i use, it has an odour to it, but i find M-F to be the worse for smell. Calhoun also comes with i believe the most heat stabilizer in it right from the factory, i have only scorched one batch and that was my first a few years ago. I have had it in a pot running for almost an hour and a half without it turning on me.

as far as the tip on Bears injectors, no there is no pin, and if you ask me none is needed. all it takes is a little common sense when using it, if you try to empty the injector without securing the tip with a GLOVED finger or resting on the bottom of the cup you are going to loose the tip in the plastic. I have been using Bear's injectors well over a year now (own all of them) and i have had one tip pop off, the first time i used the injector.

Edited by SHK

Just wanted to say thanks to every1 for all of the help...I have almost finished getting the materials...

From Bears: Injector (med.), Glitter (10 colors), Chemionics Soft (2.5 gal), Softner (1qt), Scent (anise, garlic), Salt (1 gal.)

From Lurecraft: Colorant ( 15 colors), More Glitter ( 10 colors)...I also got some rubber for making Jigs...

I am getting my mold from kevin at basstackle...His is the closest I have seen to a senko, and he said if it wasn't 5.25" he will make me 1...I am very thankful all of the help everyone gave me at bears, basstackle, del-mart, and lurecraft. I am also getting some stuff from Del so I didn't leave him out..