rickman

Commercial Inline Spinner Size/blade Charts

I compared the blade size and blade type of some of the store bought inline spinners that I have to use as a reference for making my own inline spinners. At least as a starting point. Maybe someone else will find this info useful for making their own homemade inline spinners.

NOTE: Both Worden's(Yakima) and Mepp's make their version of the Panther Martins. Maybe Panther Martins has something going for them that the other companies need to make their versions of it. Worden's also make their version of the Mepp's Aglias too.

InlineSpinnerSizeCharts.jpg

Edited by rickman

Thanks for the data on this, since I am new at this, it will help. I have not been able to find pear shaped bodies in silver similar to the Mepps XD though. Anyone

know where to find them? I have ordered bodies from about 3 places now. I have also used worm weights, but the only ones here I have seen are not in silver, but brass

or gold.

Thank you for that link. I just ordered from that place for the second time, and I did order that particular type of body. However it is not the same as the

Mepps XD type body. It is close though, and it might work. I think they are really nice, so I had ordered a few more. I am trying to find what I like.

Some of my inline spinners look really good. I have yet to try them out though. I hope to rectify that soon.

Click on the arrows just above the item description and you can see the different styles/weights. They are nickel bodies, they show up as brass.

Nickel Lure Bodies-Lurepartsonline

I weighed several samples each of different commercial inline spinners I have, not scientific or definitive but just for my information:

Original Rooster Tails weighed more than their advertised/designated weights, i.e., 1/16oz= 1/11oz, 1/6oz= 1/5oz., etc. The 1/4oz models all weighed more. The same results from the Sonic Rooster Tails.

Panther Martins also weighed more than their designated sizes with the exception of the #6 lures (1/4oz) which each weighed less than 1/4oz.

Mepps and Blue Fox inline spinners matched their designated size/weights quite more consistently.

The differences between designated size/weights and actual weights were IMO negligible. My original question when building my own inlines were how to determine the size/weight, i.e, with the body weight or finished weight. After weighing my homemade spinners they are comparable.

Edited by rickman