luke1wcu

Etex On A Lucky Craft Slender Pointer 9 Mr

Well, epoxy will add a little weight to a bait, no question. But epoxy has a specific gravity only slightly more than water so the effect is not much. I've repainted suspending LC Staysees and topcoated them with epoxy with no effect on the action, but I guess it depends on how finicky you are about suspending. Some guys get downright peculiar about tweaking suspending baits according to water temp, etc, and if you are one of them, a coat of epoxy could make it harder to do in warmer water. If you repaint many plastic baits, I recommend using a moisture cured polyurethane for topcoating versus epoxy because it provides a topcoat very similar to a factory one - very thin, shiny and tough. I can't comment on using Etex specifically.

It looks like DN will no longer be available in a solvent based moisture cured polyurethane formulation. See the post below re "Where's Dick Nite?". I expect he will come up with something nice, even something better, as a substitute but there may be a delay. I trust DN because Dick uses his topcoat on his own line of spoons, which is his main business.

[i have used etec on them before with no problems. I now use a system 3 bartop epoxy (self leveling3mil or 5 mil) that can break muskie teeth and is much easier to use and doesnt take as long to cure but has a 10000psi break strength I use this a lot on Lucky Craft,megabass,evergreen,bass star and lots of other high end baits and havent had the first bit of problem with the bait actions I have some baits I have beat into rocks and riprap alot and they are still unchipped or scuffed Try it sometime you will leave the etec at the store I am a firm believer in this stuff I have used etec,dick nite devcon,w.m cambell.and several other epoxy and lacquer clearcoats

I use the mirrorcoat it gives a deep wet look it dries in about 5-8 hours depending on the temperature and is self leveling so it doesnt build up in spots like gevcon and some of the lesser products will. A 1 1/2 pint kit will last a while but this stuff has a huge shelf life I have a 1 1/2 quart kit that I put flexcoat pumps on and it sits on the back of my paint bench. I have done several 3D scale patterns on it also sprayed over the first coat and it really makes some fascinating effects on baits

I also have 35 or so gallons of a commercial grade of system 3 that was discontinued that dries in about 2 hours this stuff we used to make several inlay tables I have one in my living room that is a stream bed replica 3 small brook trout full body replicas some crawfish several minnow species water snails leaves stones and sticks this stuff is like solid water and I wish it was still on the market it has a 10000 psi breaking or cracking strength an average hammer blow wont do anything to it