daveh

Reaction Inovations

I think it is just a rumor going around Dave. My friend owns the local tackle shop here and said he called their sales department about that exact deal last week. They told him it was bunk.

Who know though.....

Jim

yea. he said there web site is down. can`t get on it at work to find out.

a friend told me that they are shut down. went bankrupt. anyone here this. dave

They did discontinue a lot of their hardbaits and BMF hooks. The Vixen and Barely Legal were probably the number one selling spook type bait out west for the last five years. I don't think they actually owned these designs and the contract expired or something like that. I noticed Paycheck Baits is now making the Vixen under a different name. I think RI got into a pissin match with some of the companies who knocked off the Beaver. Now RI won't sell to them. I may have the details a little mixed up but I think it was something to that effect.......

They did discontinue a lot of their hardbaits and BMF hooks. The Vixen and Barely Legal were probably the number one selling spook type bait out west for the last five years. I don't think they actually owned these designs and the contract expired or something like that. I noticed Paycheck Baits is now making the Vixen under a different name. I think RI got into a pissin match with some of the companies who knocked off the Beaver. Now RI won't sell to them. I may have the details a little mixed up but I think it was something to that effect.......

Source informed me that RI got sued and lost $300K over the Vixen hence paycheck is producing. Prior to the ICAST they were still litigating with Strike King. I got the letter, LOL, the cost of the letter from their attorney was greater than the amount of royalty that would've been paid. One thing I did learn via a patent attorney was that the XX% myth is just that a myth, has nothing to do with how the law is wrote. The attorney actually laughed when I told him the value of the product.....has me thinking.

One thing I did learn via a patent attorney was that the XX% myth is just that a myth, has nothing to do with how the law is wrote. The attorney actually laughed when I told him the value of the product.....has me thinking.

Sorry, I did not understand the above statement, could you explain more (XX%).

Thanks.

Dave

i believe he is referring to the myth that you can copy a bait as long as it is so many % differnet hence the XX% ??? i might be wrong its happened twice...and i married both of them!!

That's what I meant, I believed what I was told...end

Before it costs anyone else thousands of dollars believing they're making the mods necessary to avoid infringement and have molds made. Spend the money on a patent attorney before doing anything and get an understanding of how the law applies. Wish I had.

I am a good friend of Andre he is still in the tackle business and is still thriving he only has limited production though so a lot of times his lesser selling baits tend to be out of stock longer than the baits that are in high demand like the beaver series and the boom boom tubes his trixie shad and trixie shark as well as the ball breaker are run when demand allows but not often he sold the patent on the method crank, the squeaky dolphin and the vixen as well as the balsa popper most had never seen (it looks like the old danny joes ace popper )

I am a good friend of Andre he is still in the tackle business and is still thriving he only has limited production though so a lot of times his lesser selling baits tend to be out of stock longer than the baits that are in high demand like the beaver series and the boom boom tubes his trixie shad and trixie shark as well as the ball breaker are run when demand allows but not often he sold the patent on the method crank, the squeaky dolphin and the vixen as well as the balsa popper most had never seen (it looks like the old danny joes ace popper )

^^^^^^LOL ......and the Pope is my dad

Not sure about most of that but selling the patent and design to Bub Tosh at PayCheck is 100% true. You can hear it from Bub's mouth if you watch any of his videos on YouTube or TackleWarehouse.

I don't like the names they have come up with but I do like their baits. If someone is producing and selling an exact copy of any of their baits patented, I hope RI gets a big settlement.

Jim