CB lures

Drying Wheel

I thought that seen as its finished and the inspiration came from this site, I'd post a picture. The wood disks are 8" dia. The one nearest the motor is fixed while the other one slides and locks, I ground a flat on the axle to tighten a bolt onto to lock it. The motor is a glitter ball motor, 6rpm. The lures are held with springs and a piece of bent wire going from the belly to the axle. Its a bit rough and ready but it does the trick.

post-22985-079070100 1285412002_thumb.jpg

The lures are held with springs and a piece of bent wire going from the belly to the axle.

Tidy wheel, looks the business.

Have you tried without the belly wire or do you find that it is necessary?

Nice paint. What top coat are you using?

Good to see another Englishman here, must be half a dozen of us now.

Dave

Hi Craig

Nice job and I know exactly what you mean re the lure 'Flip'. Maybe ok for small crankbaits but not for the jerks. Here is a little video of my luremaking shed come workshop showing the drying wheel I use. Just cick the image which is a link to the video on photobucket.

philB

th_P1000316.jpg

Ps. I'm only in Leeds. We should get our heads together sometime. I am a retired PAC RO as well so we may have mutual aquaintances, give me a pm sometime.

Very handy and creative work shown here!

PhilB, What kind of clamps are you using on your drying wheel?

Are they custom made or can you buy them online?

BTW, nice thermostatically controlled drying box you've built there B)

Scott

Scott

They are the heads from hand vises. They are supplied with a handle which unscrews off. The thread though is a weird Whitworth thread so I had to drill and tap them out to take a metric bolt. I cannot remember the actual company I got them from but originally found them on ebay doing a search for 'Pin vise' which then led me to the company selling online. I'm sure something similar would be available almost anywhere..

Scott

They are the heads from hand vises. They are supplied with a handle which unscrews off. The thread though is a weird Whitworth thread so I had to drill and tap them out to take a metric bolt. I cannot remember the actual company I got them from but originally found them on ebay doing a search for 'Pin vise' which then led me to the company selling online. I'm sure something similar would be available almost anywhere..

Thank you for the info

Whitworth threads? Hmm, must be British made? We have to deal with those threads now and then on Rolls Royce parts :blink:

Bibrozalo, love that quick clipping system.

Phil, Hi, I almost thought whats the point of the pac bit on here but I stand corrected! We will have to have a natter sometime, god knows what we'll talk about though......

All the best for this season. Craig.