Dictator Of Painters

Holographic Paint

I think it is either holographic foil or xxx micro rainbow pearl from PPG paints I have used the rainbow pearl for an eagles wings on a fuel tank on a harley it worked well over chrome paint on lures for the same effect as what the bait looks but this is $140 a pint the holographic foil I use on some of my other baits looks just like what is on the bait. it is super thin and would form to the scale pattern on the jerkbait this would also explain the thicker paint on the lower half of the bait

Which is ..... ?

Well I'm new to the site but I think several people make this mica Pearl paint additives I use a blue and a green I got from a local body shop there was a rainbow mica I could have gotten but did not. You add it to clear and spray on it's like a three stage color used on cars I think not for sure but thats what it looks like. thats a good source of micas that mixes paint at their shops they are very expensive though, I will get some soon and see if thats what it is and post some pictures

Alsa sells the same flake you can put it in anything. I don't think it looks the same to a fish though...

Well I'm new to the site but I think several people make this mica Pearl paint additives I use a blue and a green I got from a local body shop there was a rainbow mica I could have gotten but did not. You add it to clear and spray on it's like a three stage color used on cars I think not for sure but thats what it looks like. thats a good source of micas that mixes paint at their shops they are very expensive though, I will get some soon and see if thats what it is and post some pictures

HOLOGRAPHIC KUSTOM PAINTS IS A VERY VERY EXPENSIVE PAINT.I USE IT ON MY WORK FOR CLIENTS THAT WANT THIS EFFECT,EMAIL ME I WILL HELP YOU,JUST KNOW YOUR NOT THE ONLY DICTOR OF PAINTS,LOOK ME B);) UP LOONEYLURES, TALK TO DICK NITE ABOUT ME HE KNOWS FISH SNIPER :rolleyes: .

LMAO! best post I read all year. You tell'em Fish Sniper. :lol:

Did you use holographic stickers too.. I bet they cost a purdy penny. :o

Edited by The_Rookie

Two questions for you. I just bought some createx paint and want to start painting my leadheads. Should I powder coat my leadhead with a base coat of white then bake it then airbrush with the colors I want and then use devcon to coat? Or airbrush the base white?

Two you commented on this holographic lure

that it was ppg paints but I can't find the company when I google it.

any help

thanks

robert

airbrushextreme

I have two questions for you. I just bought some createx paint and want to start painting my leadheads. Should I powder coat my leadhead with a base coat of white then bake it then airbrush with the colors I want and then use devcon to coat? Or airbrush the base white?

Two you commented on this holographic lure

http://www.tackleunderground.com/community/topic/20582-holographic-paint/

that it was ppg paints but I can't find the company when I google it.

any help

thanks

robert