Big Bass Man

Live Gizzard Shad !

Thanks !!

Learned it right here off of Tackle Underground, there is a section in the how to that explains it .

is that britebak or regular aluminum foil? Did you have trouble foiling around the contours of the fat free shad or was it about as straight forward as the rattle baits?

btw, the are awesome!!! :worship:

is that britebak or regular aluminum foil? Did you have trouble foiling around the contours of the fat free shad or was it about as straight forward as the rattle baits?

btw, the are awesome!!! :worship:

It is regular aluminum foil, Use the bright side out.

It took me a little while to get them right, practice pays off !

Great job on the shad. I'm new to lure building but I can't imagine anyone doing a better job.If any lures I build look as good as yours , I doubt that you ever see one in my tacklebox

Ken

Thanks Ken !!

Main thing is to try not to get to frustrated when you slip-up, I have slipped up a few times in my painting journey. I have been painting now close to a year and have found that taking care of your airbrush is a must to get great detail. Good Luck with your painting !!

Thanks Again Guys !

Thanks !

Right now I am using devcon 2ton epoxy for clear and it holds up pretty well. Been thinking of try etex for clear but dont know how the extex and foil will get along.

I think any of the epoxy top coats will work fine with foil.

The problems arrise when the solvents in whatever you're putting over the foil, be it paint or top coat, react with the glue you've used to attach the foil.

If you're worried, do a little test on a foiled/photoed piece, not on a lure that you've worked so hard on, and that's come out so beautifully.

I think alcohol is the main solvent/catalyst in all of those two part epoxy systems, so you could just try brushing some DN alocohol on your test piece to see if it reacts with the foil.

If you find there is some lifting of the foil, you can always spray a coat of Createx clear over the bait first, to isolate the foil from the top coat.

Personally, I've never had a paint scheme that worked with D2T that didn't work with either Etex or Nu Lustre.

I think any of the epoxy top coats will work fine with foil.

The problems arrise when the solvents in whatever you're putting over the foil, be it paint or top coat, react with the glue you've used to attach the foil.

If you're worried, do a little test on a foiled/photoed piece, not on a lure that you've worked so hard on, and that's come out so beautifully.

I think alcohol is the main solvent/catalyst in all of those two part epoxy systems, so you could just try brushing some DN alocohol on your test piece to see if it reacts with the foil.

If you find there is some lifting of the foil, you can always spray a coat of Createx clear over the bait first, to isolate the foil from the top coat.

Personally, I've never had a paint scheme that worked with D2T that didn't work with either Etex or Nu Lustre.

Thanks Mark !!

I tried the etex on a foiled bait and it worked fine, it gives a lot more time of applying than the d2ton.

Caught a nice bass on the gizzard crank Today, Hope it works well in my tx Tomorrow :D

8lbs.jpg

Edited by Big Bass Man