• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#21 rofish

Advanced Member

• TU Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 433 posts

Posted 12 October 2010 - 01:47 AM

Just wondering, does anyone have any sujestions on reducing bleeding with foiling, or another way to acheive high quality, very highly detail prints to wrap around my baits?

I use a wrap paper to print fish images created in Photoshop. It is a white and very thin paper, in a large format (about 1 x .7 m)which I cut out in the size I need for printing. One side of this paper is very smooth, and I print on this side. I think this paper is very similar to what you use, or gift tissue. I had very few cases of bleeding, when the printer was set on "high", but some detail is lost through printing. I think there will always be a difference in resolution between what you see on the screen and what you see on the printed paper. But you have the possibility to set up how much ink the printer will use to print an image (high, medium, low, if I remember well). Try to use this function, until you are satisfied with the image.
What is really important for me about the inkjet is that the ink is water based, and will not run if you use solvent based clearcoats, or epoxies thinned with acetone or thinner.
I found out by accident that the ink was water based, when a drop of water on the freshly applied image on a crank bait created a nice spot on the image.

#22 sammy01007

• TU Member
  • PipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 12 October 2010 - 02:32 PM

I could not find anywhere to adjust ink usage. I too use Photoshop and print on an Epson Stylus 1280. I did try a few things though which have helped. Instead of glueing the gift paper to the aluminum foil and printing, I attched the gift tissue paper to regular printer paper via double stick tape. Some of the excess ink bleed through the tissue paper onto the printer paper, increasing the print quality. However, prining on normal paper still yeilds a much higher resolution. I will keep playing with it till I like the results.