Spoonplugger

Crawfish Mold

Does anyone know of a mold for crawfish like this one Crawfish Thinking of making a hard bait that's jointed. This one looks rubber.

The front part with the claws is medium plastic injected over a hard plastic assembly. You could do it with silicone , pre build the assembly and set it in silicone make a clam shell style or something similar. Lots of tutorials on here might just get you going.

this is a hardbait tail with a soft main body and legs built like a bone body LC bait with a hinged tail it looks a lot better in the pics I bought 3 and repainted them because the paint isnt very good A hardbait with soft claws and legs would be awesome someone with a cnc milling machine could make a proto and someone with a cnc copier could mass produce the body

Thanks guys for the comments. I was wondering why there are so many expensive hinged swim baits and only a few crawfish baits. I'm definately looking into this one.

I guess this one is up for grabs as the patent expired 20 years ago: http://www.freepaten...com/3438144.pdf

Dave

Maybe his design was before his time?

Spoonplugger

Dave,

That's impressive. How in the world did you find that?

I read a lot of patents. The first thing is that you must understand how the jargon works, they do not have hinges, they have articulations. So I logged on to freepatentsonline and did a local search for "articulated crawfish fishing lure", the above was No7 in the list.

Dave

I read a lot of patents. The first thing is that you must understand how the jargon works, they do not have hinges, they have articulations. So I logged on to freepatentsonline and did a local search for "articulated crawfish fishing lure", the above was No7 in the list.

Dave

Clever devil! Hats off to you.