toadfrog

Another Nutty Idea

Well I had another sleepless night like I do sometimes. I decided to go to the man cave shoot some crappie lures for a trip tomorrow. I'd already been tying jigs earlier and had a few feathers floating around. If you have ever done jigs I imagine you've noticed the hackle tapers somewhat like a minnow. Then the thought hit me . FEATHER TAPER LOOK LIKE MINNOW HAVE MINNOW MOLD PUT FEATHER IN MINNOW. So my serious work became AGAIN an adventure into the unknown. Sometimes I can almost here Rod Serling narrating in the background . DO NOT ADJUST YOUR TV. For the next few moments----- Anyway to make a long story short I cut the hackle tippets to lay in the grove of the mold leaving enough feather so as to trap it in place when I closed the mold. Then I shot the bait. This is the end result. You can make them with fins over and under or without depending on the lay of the feather.

post-23230-064508900 1286941532_thumb.jpg

I didn't think the feathers would react nicely to the heat, but I guess you should always try something before dismissing the idea.

Even without the protruding feathers (which works very well), a really neat way of getting gome fancy colors in there. I think this will fire up a few imaginations.

Thanks for posting.

Dave

TF

That is really some thing different ...

Did you get that idea in a normal dream or in a night mare ???

Looks good

JSC

Ya know this stuff just comes over me all at once . I have daymares and nightmares . Heck I can be pitch'in woo and suddenly run out to the man cave to do something crazy. Glad you all enjoy my wierd and wacky ways . Stay tuned for more nutty Ideas same time same channel.

A while ago i made a pop mold of a grub without the tail. Then i put a feather in, quilfacing the top and had the feather hanging out of the mold.

Creates a very differnt lure when used in the water. Was considering adding them to my range. Unfortunatley supply of feathers was to expensive and was to time consuming to be worthwhile.

Your idea is way left of feild. Love the colour effect and the fins would drive fish insane. :worship:

Thankyou so much for sharing. This is what makes TU my fav forum on the web. Everyone is so willing to share thier ideas.

This compells me to share what i have learnt.

:yay:

A while ago i made a pop mold of a grub without the tail. Then i put a feather in, quilfacing the top and had the feather hanging out of the mold.

Creates a very differnt lure when used in the water. Was considering adding them to my range. Unfortunatley supply of feathers was to expensive and was to time consuming to be worthwhile.

Your idea is way left of feild. Love the colour effect and the fins would drive fish insane. :worship:

Thankyou so much for sharing. This is what makes TU my fav forum on the web. Everyone is so willing to share thier ideas.

This compells me to share what i have learnt.

:yay:

If you shot some of these be sure your plastic is 340 degrees or so ,less and it will turn out hollow. Clear pearls are the best colors and few good size glitter just afew because very many push your feather around.