jrhopkins

Fine Paint Detailing

here's a way to do fine details ( stripes, speckles, etc.) on baits. i used a round toothpick point to do all the details on this bait. acrylic paint will flow pretty easy so you don't need a lot of paint, i base coated it with a light tourquoise first and then did all the stripes, spots, etc. using the toothpick. if you get a little too much paint in an area just let it dry and it will flatten out . then i did a light brown on the top and a light apricot on the bottom. finally i used ( FolkArt brand ) metalic pearl white to overbrush ( lightly). this mutes the color a little so it gives the faded, lighter appearence toward the bottom of the bait.

IMG_2096.jpg

Very NICE !

So did you use a pointed toothpick to add the brown stripes and spots to the bait ? Or did you snip the end off to make it blunt ?

Thanks for sharing !!

keep the sharp point. otherwise you'll carry too much paint. you can always add paint. a lot harder to take it away.