toadfrog

Another Nutty Idea

3 posts in this topic

I come from the old school of make do with what you got. After pouring jigs for a month or so I accumilated a coffee can full of misfired lead heads , dinks. rather than throw them away or sit down and cut the lead I decided to try something. I have an older model toaster that has clean out doors for crumbs on the bottom. it also has a dial type temp knob that goes light to dark. Dark is really hot. I dangled a row of 1/16 heads on a piece of all thread , set them in the toaster slot. hit the switch on dark. The lead melted off the hook leaving it bright and shiny as the first time I used it. As the lead accumilated in the bottom I opened the trap to release it into a container for reuse. I imagine this will only work with soft lead since I haven't tested it further or on larger heads. Please don't use your wifes toaster ! I don't want any emails calling me a dirty cotton rock sucker. It hurts my feelings.

I come from the old school of make do with what you got. After pouring jigs for a month or so I accumilated a coffee can full of misfired lead heads , dinks. rather than throw them away or sit down and cut the lead I decided to try something. I have an older model toaster that has clean out doors for crumbs on the bottom. it also has a dial type temp knob that goes light to dark. Dark is really hot. I dangled a row of 1/16 heads on a piece of all thread , set them in the toaster slot. hit the switch on dark. The lead melted off the hook leaving it bright and shiny as the first time I used it. As the lead accumilated in the bottom I opened the trap to release it into a container for reuse. I imagine this will only work with soft lead since I haven't tested it further or on larger heads. Please don't use your wifes toaster ! I don't want any emails calling me a dirty cotton rock sucker. It hurts my feelings.

Another great one! You really ought to write a book or have your own column somewhere. But then I guess you wouldn't have time to play! :yay:

Another great one! You really ought to write a book or have your own column somewhere. But then I guess you wouldn't have time to play! :yay:

This stuff just happens. Honest. If I had a schedule I would pull the hair I don't have out. If you could see my man cave the first thought you'd have is AIN'T NO WAY I'M GOING IN THERE! My wife says she is going to get a sign that says MAD SCIENTIST AT WORK DO NOT ENTER. Especially after I made a copy of my hand out of worm plastic complete with hair and finger nails. It has a servo motor that makes its fingers tap the table. Add a little karo syrup and red food die and you got your bloody trembling halloween hand. Gave that to a spook house.