Moonlightn

Gel-a-lure

That's the craziest thing I've ever seen. That's got to be the most exspensive plastic bait yet. Who is going to wait that long for plastic to set up?

Another waste of money as far as I'm concerned and a prime example of "if it ain't broke; don't fix it".

Good for kids though; lot safer than 300 degree plastic.

Just my 2 cents.

www.novalures.com

This is a TRICK that wives have been using forever. What she is saying is she wants you to show her some more attention, and using the kids to make you feel bad.

DO NOT do this fishing bait thing with the kids, it will get her even more upset! Good luck man!:lol:

I had to stop watching the video after about 30 seconds. The monotone voice made me wanna scratch my eyeballs out.

All lure builders videos are like that. We cannot concern ourselves with entertainment, it is not what we do. Our vids are not going to get 17 million hits and get advertising contracts from sony. We are lure designers and proud of it.

As for the product, I think it is a great idea, to get the kids involved without the headache of hot plastic. Expensive? Yes, but worth every penny.

Dave

I've got to agree with Vodkaman on this one. I think this is a great idea. And realisticly, I think Bear, Dale, Bob, and the other mold makers will like this idea too. From what I've gathered, over a little bit of time now, is that a lot of people are going to hand injection and setting aside the one sided aluminum molds. And just think, with a big enough mold, and a big enough oven, production could be possible. There's already a very popular worm on the market that's made in a very similar way. I think it kind of sounds like robot. And also, I know the guy behind that voice, and you'll not find a more stand up fella than him. And as far as soft plastic and the business goes, he's a definite A-Z encyclopedia. But just think, you could even get little girls interested in this besides little boys. Give them a choice of their colors, the mold of their choice and it's just like baking Christmas cookies.

Hmmm. Sort of like the Herter's mold and plastic compound they sold back in the day to make your own frogs, craws, minnows, etc......

I think its great for the kids i have a 4yr,5yr and a 8 yr old all girls that already build there own spinner baits but always want to help dad with the plastics but there s no way i can let them in the shop when im pouring 350 deg plastic, This could be a way i could introduce them to it :)

And it would increase what the boss lady lets me spend on molds :D

I think its great for the kids i have a 4yr,5yr and a 8 yr old all girls that already build there own spinner baits but always want to help dad with the plastics but there s no way i can let them in the shop when im pouring 350 deg plastic, This could be a way i could introduce them to it :)

And it would increase what the boss lady lets me spend on molds :D

I have two daughters, so I can see it now. Dad, can we make a Barbie lure?

I think it would be a great way to get kids involved. From what I've heard it is safe with adult supervision. I know how I feel catching fish off baits I make, imagine how a young person would feel. It would probably give them a huge sense of accomplishment. Give it a try and let us know how it works.

Tight lines,

Jason

Edited by caneycreekmolds

Thanks for the replies fellas!

I was going to make an order "for the kids" and I noticed they sell liquid plastic at a reasonable price. Does anyone have any experience with their plastic!

Spike it plastic

Moonlightn',

Spike It plastic is good stuff. Several people have sold it before under their own names,so you might have used it unknowingly. I use a different formula than the hand pour but I've never had any troubles personally with it. There's nothing this company produces that I can complain about. Also it's funny how the Gel A Lure is kind of being pushed as a kid's product. With the introduction of the hand injection, I figured this would bring back the one sided molds. With this product you ought to be able to make some really unique stuff. Seems like as long as there is room in the cavity of the mold, there's no limit to the different colors that could be used.

Moonlightn',

Spike It plastic is good stuff. Several people have sold it before under their own names,so you might have used it unknowingly. I use a different formula than the hand pour but I've never had any troubles personally with it. There's nothing this company produces that I can complain about. Also it's funny how the Gel A Lure is kind of being pushed as a kid's product. With the introduction of the hand injection, I figured this would bring back the one sided molds. With this product you ought to be able to make some really unique stuff. Seems like as long as there is room in the cavity of the mold, there's no limit to the different colors that could be used.

Pardon my ignorance here, but the way I'm seeing the Spike-It website, the Gel-a-Lure material is NOT the same as their Pourasol, right? :unsure:

Is the Spike-It Pourasol prepared the same as other plastics (like heat thru gel to clear, etc)?

Thanks.

Rick

• Like 1