yellowdawg

Powder Problems

just got a new supply of paint from columbia coatings and I can't get the neon pink or neon yellow to float. All I get is dust clouds the neon green isn't much better but it is manageble. anyone got any ideas on how to fix this don't want to send it back i need the colors and bought a pound of each. it is no good to me if I can' make it float right. any help would be great.

yes I mean fluid bed. have tried vaccum bags brown paper bags any other ideas?thanks

One thing that's helped me alot...commercial fluid beds have a vibrator motor in them, I put my homemade fluid bed on my scroll saw & turn it on then adjust the airflow for each paint. I think the vibration shakes the paint & helps prevent volcano formation. I'm not toadfrog lol but that's one of my "nutty ideas" and it works!

One thing that's helped me alot...commercial fluid beds have a vibrator motor in them, I put my homemade fluid bed on my scroll saw & turn it on then adjust the airflow for each paint. I think the vibration shakes the paint & helps prevent volcano formation. I'm not toadfrog lol but that's one of my "nutty ideas" and it works!

That is good thinking. Out of the box, as Pete would say.

Dave