swedes67

Packaging Bags For Soft Plastic Bait

I just ordered 1000 8x4 from Johnson for $103.00. I dont think I got charged shipping! .10 a bag vs .20+ (shipping costs) from Lurecraft...Cant beat the price... In the long run you are saving $$$$ if you are selling your product....Just my .02 worth...

From what I've found not matter which bag you use unless it is a laminated bag it will eventually leak and become nasty.

If your going to sale I would recommend the laminated bag. Looks much better.

Charlie

From what I've found not matter which bag you use unless it is a laminated bag it will eventually leak and become nasty.

If your going to sale I would recommend the laminated bag. Looks much better.

Charlie

What do you guys do to get leaky bags when using the non-laminated bags? My baits have scent cooked in and I put a real small amount of Lurecraft Lunker Lotion to make the baits shiny and slippery. While I have bought some laminated bags for baits that don't fit, I have a large amount of non-laminated bags I bought from a local hand pourer going out of business and they work fine.

In fact, I have a cancelled order in the basement that is approaching a year old and it has not leaked and the worms seem fine. Do you guys who have leakers soak the baits such they are swimming in it?

Hello, I have been making soft plastics baits for over 20 years (old school), It seems like this topic of packaging comes up alot. A few years back I did a on line survey of 100 of my customers and found that over 85% of them take the baits out of the package they come in and put them in a worm bag in a binder or into a tackle tray in their bag or boat. Thus my thinking is why would anyone spend the extra money in packaging. (bags) Your customers r just throwing them away! Not to mention if your bags r printed (big bucks) I have been and still use just plain ole poly bags (reclosable) that I buy from u-line I get 1000 bags for around 35 bucks +/- They have 100's of sizes to chose from to fit most apps. I do not belive I have ever had one leak, they do tend to discolor after time but I am talking a year or so down the line. The choice is your's but I always look at the bottom line. i also use larger bags on a roll for my bulk orders and heat seal them I get 5000 bags for around 10 bucks from a private supplier I know. Just do your home work there r some good deals out there on packaging. The package catches the fisherman, The baits catch the fish! I would rather catch fish!