CatchemCaro

Some Createx Thinning Information

I have sprayed createx paints with little or no thinning for years with no problems. Some of the colors can use a few drops of water to thin them out, particularly if you store them for an extended period of time. If you are using cheap water based paints from walmart or varioius other craft stores you will need to thin them with water. You can also thin with a bit of windex. Windex works really well for cleaning the brush between colors too but I generally use it sparingly cuz I don't like to breathe it.

I think what Kingfisher is saying is really impt, we definitely need to be thinking about what we are atomizing and then breathing!! If you are painting a few baits each year it's probably not a big deal but once you reach the "total spaz" stage like I have it's definitely a concern.

Jed

Edited by RiverMan

I have a good idea for all. To me it sounds like even though you paint with water base paints that there is still alot of trouble with clean up and thinning. I paint exclusively with laquer paints and i dont have any problems with the clean up or the vapors that do exist. I use the Lifetone and Polytranspar line of airbrush ready paints and i also do not have any problem with florecent colors. A 8 oz bottle of paint is 8 to 10 dollars and they last forever. I understand the concept of water base paints but it seems to me that its the same amount of time spent to paint. With the laquer paint it is not water base and we dip all these lures in water when we go fishing. It just seems like the same amount of trouble to me. But im no expert for sure just an opinion. dry.gif

Guys, if you want to use misc household products to modify your paints, just remember that everything you atomize thru your airbrush and put into the air, you have a chance of breathing into your lungs.....its bad enough to fill your lungs with acrylic paint overspray, but when you start modifying paints with other products and breathing those it could be a bad thing.....So if your gonna do stuff like that, please make sure you have good ventilation and wear a good resperator.

My doctor says I have the only color lung xrays he's ever seen! ;)

Dang...typing that started me coughing!