bigbrown

createx paints?

I know being a "newbie" here I probably shouldn't stick my 2 cents in here, but having been an airbrush artist for over 20 years, I'm gonna give you my opinion anyway.

Createx is the type of airbrush paint that is most easily acquired through craft stores like Michael's or Hobby Lobby, etc. but the colors don't really mix all that well, and the range of colors is pretty limiting.

ComArt paint comes as opaque or transparent colors, all the colors mix very well, and, if you're looking for a translucent color, you simply mix the transparent and the opaque colors together. Also, ComArt paints come in an extensive range of colors for both the opaque colors and the transparent colors.

Another pigment that you can add to your airbrush colors comes from Liquitex or Grumbacher it's a line of paints referred to as interference colors...I think these colors would have a great impact on lure finishes, because, e.g., I have one that when the light hits it in one direction, it's got an orange cast to it, but when the light hits it in another direction, the cast of color is closer to lavendar...on a wobble type bait, the color would have an eerie irridescent quality to it because it would be in a constant state of color shifting.

OK those are just a few thoughts from the peanut gallery.

thanks alot i was wondering how the createx would mix and that there wasnt to many colors. could you maybe give me a link or website or something where i could see and order these paints, are they really expensive or are they reasonable cost wise, thanks it is cool getting advice from a really experienced airbrusher

Just got this in the mail > The air brush bible...... If your new at airbrushing and don't understand it in full(the mechanics ) or air flows etc. then you got to request this free book. It covers paints to be ordered(createx,wildlife,pactra,hok,flex paint,aqua,artool ect.ect.) and airbrushes,compressorrs all the top sellers. The shipping quotes are by phone"SORRY!" but the paint prices are low. all the parts for airbrushes.Very intresting book for the experienced or hobbyest. Even have the createx auto paint. createx is from 4oz@$3.25-$4.95. and less if your buying pint,quart,gallon. anyway its www.bearair.com

and for the comment about createx lacking colors > this book has over 100 colors for sale by createx along with 6 other companies to look over and price.......The book is 2004 AIR BRUSH BIBLE...............