spoonbender

Pbj Jig

I'm a bit out of my comfort level with bass jig making but got my butt kicked this summer by my little brother while he fished a Peanut Butter Jelly pattern Mop jig. We fished several lakes varying from clearwater to coffee colored and he clobbered decent bass every day. I've made tons of walleye jigs but have no resources for the bass variety. What mold/color/skirt recipe do I need? I suspect it has a living rubber skirt material, seemed to maintain a nice flowing action during the retrieve.

http://www.do-itmolds.com/prodmolds.aspx?c=31

I think it's a sparkie jig mold modified to accept a wide gap hook...or close enough to call it close enough.

http://fishingskirts.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=50&zenid=00fc46edb41c5f995acf7f3b03fe9f08

I prefer these guys for skirting materials.

You may want to borrow or buy a Mop Jig and then just try to replicate it from there.

Down here on Table Rock, that is what we use PBJ but we use a weedless football jig with a twin tail grub. Do it molds has the football jig mold. The skirting is purple and brown.

It is one of the hot jigs for clear water. Can really tear the bass up on alot of days when the crankbaits are not producing.

I'm a bit out of my comfort level with bass jig making but got my butt kicked this summer by my little brother while he fished a Peanut Butter Jelly pattern Mop jig. We fished several lakes varying from clearwater to coffee colored and he clobbered decent bass every day. I've made tons of walleye jigs but have no resources for the bass variety. What mold/color/skirt recipe do I need? I suspect it has a living rubber skirt material, seemed to maintain a nice flowing action during the retrieve.

I tie my own mop jigs as well. The closest head that I have found is the Brush Puppy Head from Lurepartsonline. I have bought a bunch of these, but now I have my own mold that I had someone build. LPO also has the heavy living rubber for the mop jigs. But remember to wire or tie your mopjig, not collar it so it will flare more.