sammy01007

Brooklyn Apt Lure Making Cabinet

A while back I saw a post of an entertainment center converted into a painting cabinet. I thought it was the perfect answer of containing the mess I was making in my Brooklyn apartment from crafting my balsa baits. I eventually found an armoire for $100. It cost me $90 to have it delivered to my apt, then maybe another $50 to convert it the way I wanted. It works great though!! It is located in our bedroom and is able to contain I'd say 99% of the dust created from cutting and sanding. Its a little crowded, but for my small operation its perfect.

Lure Cabinet 001.JPG

Lure Cabinet 003.JPG

Lure Cabinet 001.JPG

Lure Cabinet 003.JPG

Lure Cabinet 001.JPG

Lure Cabinet 003.JPG

Lure Cabinet 001.JPG

Lure Cabinet 003.JPG

Lure Cabinet 001.JPG

Lure Cabinet 003.JPG

Lure Cabinet 001.JPG

Lure Cabinet 003.JPG

Lure Cabinet 001.JPG

Lure Cabinet 003.JPG

Lure Cabinet 001.JPG

Lure Cabinet 003.JPG

post-18098-0-76113900-1292085934_thumb.jpg

post-18098-0-29964800-1292085957_thumb.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I know what it is like to be severely hampered by space and I think your solution is excellent. You obviously have a very understanding partner too, this is very important. When you calculate your lure building budget, don't forget to set aside some flower and chocolate money.

Dave

Don't worry I took care of her this Christmas. But lets not forget, she is the one that pulled me 6 hours from my favorite fishing hole... The best I can get now is hooking trash and an occational body at Coney Island... Though, that is the whole reason I got into this hobbbie. If I can't fish I may as well be making something I can fish with.

Sammy, I travel 1000 miles roundtrip from Ottawa every May to fish your neck of the woods, plenty of fish in Jamaica Bay!

Thats great to hear,

I have heard there is some good fishing off Long Island and such. I have yet to go out there. SOme of the guys I have talked to say you need avehicle to get to any decent spots, which I am without. Never thought I hear someone say they delibratly came to NYC to fish, lol. Thats great to hear.