RSBreth

Component Systems Seal Coat?

I have used it with what I thought was great success, but the more time I spend here I am finding out I haven't figured out what is good or not :blink: I do plan on trying the Devcon2 but I haven't given up on the seal coat either. I do know that if you use more than 1 coat be sure to let the first completely dry before you apply another. And no I have not had any bad effects with plastics.

Is it effected by soft plastics ??

JSC

:rolleyes:

I am waitng on a reply from CSI as we speak about this issue. I make a custom crappie jig that you shoot the body around and on the last batch I shot I am having a bad paint/plastic reaction. The body is taking on the color of the head and vice virsa..I am still waiting on the reason/excuse for the reaction between the two. I used CSI base coat/paint/seal coat, on a fresh poured jig head. To this date....I"M STILL WAITING....

The body is taking on the color of the head and vice virsa..I am still waiting on the reason/excuse for the reaction between the two. I used CSI base coat/paint/seal coat, on a fresh poured jig head.

Of course if it does this consistently and it's stable - wow, I'm thinking a "bleed through" color scheme like Chartreuse under Pearl, or Pink under Clear/Smoke. (Of course I have a twisted inventor's mind.)

Of course if it does this consistently and it's stable - wow, I'm thinking a "bleed through" color scheme like Chartreuse under Pearl, or Pink under Clear/Smoke. (Of course I have a twisted inventor's mind.)

I tried the CSI seal coat years ago but prefer the water base,2 part epoxy finish from CSI.