2TBone

Tool For Scale Pattern

Fellow Bait Makers

I need some information, I could not find what I was looking for on a TU search. Can anyone tell me what kind of tool can be used to make a pattern on a balsa bait prior to foiling. The one that I have seen and like is the pattern on a D-Bait. Can anyone tell me what he might be using for this pattern.

Thanks in Advance

2TBone

I texture foil AFTER I put it on the bait. It works well on adhesive foils like Brite-Bak foil. Silver or gold leaf foil may be too delicate. Various knurled knobs will work. My favorite is the little adjustment knob on a set of Vise-Grip pliers. Just unscrew the knob from the Vise-Grips and roll it over the foil. Takes just a couple of minutes.

Bob

Thanks for the reply I think you understood what I was looking for. I have used the knob on the vise grips for a pattern. I guess I was hoping someone might know what was used to make the pattern on that bait.

Thanks for your guide on doing the pattern. I did my pattern prior to the foil, will try your trick.

Thanks

2TBone

I texture foil AFTER I put it on the bait. It works well on adhesive foils like Brite-Bak foil. Silver or gold leaf foil may be too delicate. Various knurled knobs will work. My favorite is the little adjustment knob on a set of Vise-Grip pliers. Just unscrew the knob from the Vise-Grips and roll it over the foil. Takes just a couple of minutes.

Before you place your foil on your bait, run it through your wife's pasta machine. Place the foil in the machine backed by a piece of cardboard and then place a a piece of netting on the front of the foil. Crank the handle, roll the foil through and you have perfect scales. Just cut out the sides for the baits, peel and stick, and blend the edges.

Before you place your foil on your bait, run it through your wife's pasta machine. Place the foil in the machine backed by a piece of cardboard and then place a a piece of netting on the front of the foil. Crank the handle, roll the foil through and you have perfect scales. Just cut out the sides for the baits, peel and stick, and blend the edges.

Don't you mean exwife? :lol: