bigbrown

Excalibur minnows?

hello does anybody know where i can still get excalibur minnows?? they are like the most awesome lures ever but i cant find them anymore i think they stopped making them and i only have one left. if anyone knows where i can still get those that would be awesome, thanks

that is a good i idea maybe i will start making them myself because i read the article about taking a pic of your favorite bait then glueing it to the wood then cut it out and use that peice of wood as a stencil, no i havnt tried ebay but i will thanks for the advice, thanks alot

bigbrown, those lures are extremely hard to find. There are a few on ebay but generally not the suspending ones. If you find the jackpot help a guy out :D . I had exactly the same idea as you, using the photo finish on a copy of one. For whatever reason, the action of the excal suspend long a's seem better than other jerkbaits. On my home lake, I can fish a point with a lucky craft and zero, go back and jerk it with the excalibur and slam them! I think getting the internal parts correct is the hard part because I don't know about you, but I'm not willing to sacrifice one of the few I own for the sake of getting at the internals to find weight placement, etc. I'm putting it on the top of next winter's lures to create; hanging up luremaking until it's time to store the boat again. I'd be willing to sell you a floating version. I think to make it suspend requires a touch more weight but it'll give you a sacrificial lure.

could you maybe if it wouldnt be to much trouble post a picture in this forum of the floating lure to see what color it is and see if it is what i am looking for?? what do you type in the search bar on ebay to find them?? because i have tried and never found them. thanks so much please get back to me on this, i would love some more excalibur lures.

soupysayso, i know that sometimes it could take a long time to get back to people but i am desperate for some of these excalibur minnows they are lifesavers for the big browns!!!! i just wanted to remind you about selling me a lure or two!!!!!! thanks so much,

bigbrown

I'm looking forward to seeing which minnow you're talking about, I can't place it in my memory...

Excalibur made several baits that were copies (licensed, I believe) of other well-known baits, such as the Super Spook, Spook Jr, etc. Was the excalibur a copy of bomber's long A minnow?

Thanks,

Tristan

it is a copy of the bomber long A minnow, it is the basic shape, but i like the paint job alot better on the excalibur minnow because the bomber lures look fake or they are transparent and i do not like transparent paint jobs. I only like some of them, depends on the color of the paint. I dont know how to post a pic on here yet, but if you tell me how i will get it on as soon as possible, thanks

bigbrown

wow, big brown, my apologies. You can find them cheaply on ebay if you type in "excalibur" in the search subject line and narrow down categories to fishing. You may also try variations of this "bomber long a", "bomber excalibur", etc. You may also want to try one of your local tackle dealers because if they order from "jerry's sporting goods (JSC)" or one of the other typical wholesalers out there, there MAY be some closeout specials still available. It's been at least 3 years since I've been associated with any tackle retail so that may prove futile.

The one thats really hard to find for me is the Excalibur Smithwick rogue in KVD's signature series, the lavender shad or whatever the correct name for the color is, its purple on the back. It's a good thing i can paint my own, but i lost the last one i had before i tried to paint one so im working off memory.

If someone had the original color suspending long A or a good picture of it. I could paint some new suspending long A's to match it (do they still make suspending long A's?).