JoeyDaGreat

Airbrush Info Needed

Hi, I need a little help im looking into getting a airbrush set to paint my old plugs that blue fish have got there teeth into lol. But don't have a lot of money I can only spend $300 and was looking into getting this model what do you's think? Its made by Master and is only $239.98

System Includes:

• Master Airbrush Brand Model G22 Precision Dual-Action Gravity Feed Airbrush

• (Includes a Full 1 Year Warranty) with a 0.3mm needle/nozzle and a 1/3 oz. gravity

• fluid cup along with a 6' Braided Air Hose

• Airbrush-Depot Brand Model TC-20T Maintenance Free Air Compressor with Tank

• (Includes a Full 2 Year Warranty) that has a Automatic On/Off Shutoff, Air Regulator with

• Gauge & Water Trap Filter

• Createx Brand 12 Popular Airbrush Paint Colors Set

• Createx Brand How to Begin Airbrushing DVD

• Plus everything to keep it Organized:

• 3 in 1 Use Airbrush Cleaning Pot along with Airbrush Cleaning Solution

• 100 1 oz. Plastic Mixing Cups and 100 Mixing Sticks

• Universal Airbrush Holder for up to 4 Airbrushes

• Airbrush Quick Disconnect: Quick Release your Airbrush for fast Cleaning

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Model G22 Airbrush Specifications:

• Dual-Action Trigger Air/Fluid Control

• Internal Mix Thoroughly Atomized Spray Pattern

• 1/3 oz. (9 cc) Gravity Feed Fluid Cup

• 0.3 mm Needle/Nozzle

• Hairline to 1-1/2" Wide Spray Pattern

• 15-50 PSI Working Pressure

• Solvent Resistant Teflon Needle Packing

• Nozzle Wrench and 2 cc Eye Dropper

• Molded Plastic Storage Case

• Full 1 Year Warranty, so you can be assured

• of Quality and Reliability.

Applications:

• Illustration

• Fine/Commercial Art

• Photo Retouching

• Custom Automotive

• Motorcycle Graphics

• T-Shirts/Textiles

• Nails & Cosmetics

• Signs/Backgrounds

• Taxidermy/Lures

• Models/RC's/Trains

• Hobbys and Crafts

• Students Spray & Color Media:

• Watercolors

• Acrylics

• Inks and Dyes

• Automotive Urethanes

• Lacquers

• Enamels

Model G22 Airbrush Features and Benefits:

• Made with High Quality Precision Components that enable this airbrush to work

• efficiently while providing exceptional atomization and accurate spray control.

• Multi-Purpose as it works well with most paint media and surfaces.

• Removing the Needle and Nozzle Caps enable you to spray the full range of texture

• and stippling effects.

• Includes Solvent Resistant Teflon Needle Packing which will prolong the life of the

• airbrush. The Teflon needle seal enables you to use Solvent Based Automotive Paints

• such as Urethanes, Lacquers and Enamels.

• Ability to spray a Hairline to 1-1/2" Wide Pattern.

• All Parts available and in stock for this airbrush.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Airbrush-Depot Model TC-20T Tank Air Compressor Specifications:

• Type: Single Cylinder Piston Compressor w/Air Tank

• Power: 1/5 Horse Power

• Voltage: 110-120V / 60HZ

• Air Control: Pressure Regulator with Gauge and

• Water Trap Filter.

• Air Delivery: 25 Liters/Minute; 0.8 CFM @ 60 PSI

• Working Pressure: 15-45 PSI

• Maximum Pressure: Factory Preset at 60 PSI,

• without Preset Control 100 PSI

• Auto Stop/Start: Stop at 60 PSI, Start at 35 PSI

• Air Tank: 0.92 Gallon (3.5 Liters)

• Safety Pressure Relief Valve

• Connections: 1/8'' BSP

• Dimensions: 13" H x 6.5" W x 13.5" L

• Weight: 11.5 LBS (5.2KG)

• Electric Cord: 6 foot, Certificate: CE

Airbrush-Depot TC-20T Air Compressor with Tank Features:

• Powerful: At 1/5 Horsepower this unit delivers more Air Volume (CFM) and Air

• Pressure (PSI) than any airbrush demands.

• Portable: Light-Weight and Compact with a built in carrying handle for Easy Handling

• and Storage.

• Precise Air Adjustment: True Diaphragm Pressure Regulator with Gauge and Water

• Trap Filter that provides precise adjustment of airflow and ensures clean, dry air.

• Automatic On/Off Shutoff: Preset for automatic turn off when air tank reaches 60

• PSI. Preset for automatic turn on when air tank pressure is below 35 PSI. The

• reduced running time means there will less motor wear and less heat-related moisture

• enabling a longer compressor life.

• Constant Pressure and Zero Pulsation: Air is drawn from the large air storage tank

• providing you a constant regulated pressure. There's zero pulsation because air is

• drawn from the tank which eliminates any pulsation effect from the pistons.

• "Air-On-Demand": Designed to work only when you do, produces air on demand at

• the your regulated pressure.

• Thermally Protected: Automatically turns itself off if the unit becomes over heated.

• Maintenance Free: Oil-less Piston Motor

• Low Noise: Very Quiet Operation, only 59 db.

• Full 2 Year Warranty, so you can be assured of Quality and Reliability.

I don't know much about the Master air brush setup. On paper it looks pretty good. Hopefully someone responds who has experience with some of these products.

I guess if it was me I would piece together a system with specific parts. Gravity feed, double action, these are things that are very useful to have. A good tip size to target is 0.3 mm. It will shoot fine details well and will still be large enough to base coat your lures in a large spray pattern. The only limitation I see is that sometimes the pearlized colors will clog, but I still use it for that as well. A 0.5 mm airbrush might be better for that.

Iwata airbrushes are very well regarded. I got a HP-C for under $100 as they were switching the to the newer HP-C Plus models. Either are really great brushes. I feel like I will not outgrow it's capabilities, rather I'm still trying to catch up to what it can do. You can go many different directions with air compressors. Sounds like the one you are looking at in the package is made for airbrush work. Lower pressure and pretty quiet. If you don't mind the noise, a regular compressor works fine. I added a moisture/oil trap and a regulator to a pancake style compressor purchased for well under $100 and it works fine (I also use it for finish nailer!). But it is louder I'm sure than the one you're looking at. That would still leave $100 to spend on paint, and you could buy a ton of paint in the colors you wanted for that. Probably also have money left over for 2 part epoxy, acid bruses, etc. Good luck

I got pretty much the same set-up from TCP (cept I got an Iwata HP-C plus) for about the same price. I love the airbrush - compressor had a wire cut when I got it but TCP sent another right away and I fixed the original one so I got two outta the deal. Don't know about the master but if they'll let you get the iwata in place of it, I'd recommend it.

I got pretty much the same set-up from TCP (cept I got an Iwata HP-C plus) for about the same price. I love the airbrush - compressor had a wire cut when I got it but TCP sent another right away and I fixed the original one so I got two outta the deal. Don't know about the master but if they'll let you get the iwata in place of it, I'd recommend it.

I agree. If you can get an Iwata brush for the same money, do it.

Iwata is the airbrush that the Chinese knockoffs, like Master, copy, for a reason. It is "state of the art" for what we do, and much better made than the knockoffs. I own both, so this is a first hand report.

Thanks for the info guys im going to look into the iwata guns. About the air compressor i can use a regular air compressor? Because i have a 26 or 30 Gallon air compressor can i use that? Do i need to buy a adapter to make it fit the air gun? Sorry for all the questions i just want to get everything right :D

Your 30 gallon will work fine. If there is something you don't like about it, at least you can then later select the compressor you want for your needs. I used a 20 gallon air compressor at first and later bought a very cheap pancake one that takes up far less space in my utility room. Both work the same because they both keep the air pressure plenty high. You want a combination oil/water trap and regulator for any kind of air compressor. Although your compressor will keep the pressure 50-100 psi, you will be using between 7 and 25 psi for most painting applications, thus the need for the regulator.

You will have to get the necessary adaptros to make everything fit. It should all be at home depot. I used a quick connect tubing connector on my Iwata so that I could run a long length of plastic tubing to my filtered/regulated air supply just after the compressor.