diemai

Making A Pvc Crankbait

Hi , folks ,

My good web-buddy Hubert from southwest Germany has just put out an instructional video on making a deep diving crankbait from PVC hardfoam , ....and with his kind permission I'd also like to share on TU , probably it could still provide some input or even help , ..... especially to the newbie's in here .

Off course the subtitles are in German , but alone by the pictures far most of the working proccesses are understandable , ........still if any questions should occur , I'd gladly answer these !

Hubert has stated his latest video to be part 1 , ...so I guess , that he's still planning on a second part dealing on painting and topcoating , ....if so , I'd surely link it in here as well !

You might as well check out more of his homemade lures on his "YouTube" channel at

http://www.youtube.com/user/deranglerundmehr

............or even visit his homepage , some more pictured luremaking instructions to be found in there :

http://www.deranglerundmehr.de/

greetz , diemai :yay:

Edited by diemai

Great video to watch, and learn from. He's an artist.

If I saw it correctly, he didn't need to add ballast.

Or did I miss something? It wouldn't be the first time.

Have a happy, safe, and warm holiday season.

Try not to enjoy yourselves too much. :sauced::lol:

Mark, he added ballast in the groove for the through wire. Looked like lead sheet material.

Thanks a lot for your kind words , folks , .......gonna pass them on to my buddy Hubert !

@ Vodkaman

In fact I did not know about such simple gillplate/eye marker template before as well , ........live and learn !

@ mark poulson

.........obviously one more time that you've missed something out , my friend ;) , .......he glues in some flat pieces of roofing lead sheet(most likely 1 mm thick) into the belly slot together with the wire harness , .......I do this on my PVC cranks as well , ...... filling up the ENTIRE slot with the wire form and lead sheed would render the PVC lureblank still barely floating ,..... off course depending on the body shape , ............I suppose , that this lure in the video would still sport a quicker rise to bounce off bottom obstacles , as he did not place as much lead .

Really looking forward to the Xmas vacations , Mark , .......I can really use a few days off :lol: , ......but as for warmth , ...that won't come true ,..... we've had some heavy snowfalls again yesterday and tonight it's getting pretty cold , ......winter came too early this year , all waters iced up for 2 weeks now , fishing season ended even before time , ....during past years I could still cast my lures during the Chrismas vacation :( .

Thanks for your Xmas wishes , .....through with :tipsy: anyway , but gotta take care of :popcorn::popcorn: (if you've ever tried a German roasted Xmas goose) :lol:

Have yourself a great vacation , too , Mark :yay: !

@ Rayburn Guy

Ben , .....I knew , that there would be folks in here to appreciate it :lol: !

@ Yardape

Dito , .......and have yourself a nice Xmas , too !

@ shaners

Glad , if I could provide some help !

greetz , Dieter :yay:

Edited by diemai

Hello.

Nice that you liked the video!

Unfortunately, I speak almost no English, using a translation program, it is but barely so.

To register here, it has just passed Sun

I read here with some time and was already here with you good tips.

Greetings from Germany, Hubert

PS:

Thanks Dieter for the set of the video and tell me once in German if you could read and understand the translation and!

Welcome to Tackle Underground Hubert!

Very nice video, and nice lure, too.

You do good work.

I can't wait to see the finished lure.

Dieter,

Sorry to hear about the early winter. Hard water sucks.

We're having a cold, wet winter here in SoCal now, with big Pacific storms coming right across from Asia instead of moving farther north, as in past years.

It's been a strange two years, actually, with only a hand full of hot days in the summer, and doesn't seem like it will go back to "normal" any time soon.

Have an extra serving of goose for me. I've never had German Xmas goose, but I've had roast goose, and it is amazing.

Edited by mark poulson

Hello.

Nice that you liked the video!

Unfortunately, I speak almost no English, using a translation program, it is but barely so.

To register here, it has just passed Sun

I read here with some time and was already here with you good tips.

Greetings from Germany, Hubert

PS:

Thanks Dieter for the set of the video and tell me once in German if you could read and understand the translation and!

Hallo , Hubert ,

Da bist du mir ja zuvorgekommen :lol: , .......wollte dir eigentlich heute abend berichten , wie dein Video angekommen ist , ....aber jetzt hast du dich ja schon selbst 'drum gekümmert :D !

Ehrlich gesagt , finde ich das Übersetzungsprogramm ziehmlich furchtbar , .......kenne das aus Briefen meiner englischen Verwandten an meine Mutter und Tante , die auch kaum Englisch verstehen , ........Ich glaube , das man mit der Volkshochschule besser bedient ist :lol::lol: !

Aber schön , das du hier bist !

in english :

Hello , Hubert ,

You've been anticipating on me :lol: , ........I've intended to tell you about reactions on your video tonight , ......but now you've taken care about that all by yourself :D !

To be honest , .......I find that translation program quite awful , ....used to such by letters from my English relatives to my mother and aunt , they hardly understand English as well , ......guess , that evening schools would do a better job :lol::lol: !

But nice to have you here !

@ mark poulson

Mark , what you are telling me is just one more proof to me , that the global climate is definately changing , .......just hearing from some Australian buddies , that they've got extreme rainfalls in parts of the continent , ...not like something , that they're used to !

.......and surely I'm gonna take a couple of bites from that roasted goose for you , ....with increased pleasure :lol:!

greetz , Dieter :yay:

You do good work.

Thanks Mark!

On the painted bait you have to wait a couple of days, but he comes.

Merry Christmas to all!

To be honest , .......I find that translation program quite awful , ....

Hallo Dieter

Then you think I should at my age to learn English!

Let's see.

Greetings Hubert

You do good work.

Dieter,

Sorry to hear about the early winter. Hard water sucks.

We're having a cold, wet winter here in SoCal now, with big Pacific storms coming right across from Asia instead of moving farther north, as in past years.

It's been a strange two years, actually, with only a hand full of hot days in the summer, and doesn't seem like it will go back to "normal" any time soon.

Have an extra serving of goose for me. I've never had German Xmas goose, but I've had roast goose, and it is amazing.

Mark, sorry to hear about your cold wet winter in SoCal. I guess you had to start useing sunblock 15 instead of sunblock 30. :lol::lol::P Deimai ,great vid. Jamie

Mark, sorry to hear about your cold wet winter in SoCal. I guess you had to start useing sunblock 15 instead of sunblock 30. :lol::lol::P Deimai ,great vid. Jamie

Jamie,

I fished half a day today and got soaked. And they're predicting 3-4 inches tomorrow. I wish they'd postpone the tournament I'm supposed to fish. The bilge pump will be running all day.

Jamie,

I fished half a day today and got soaked. And they're predicting 3-4 inches tomorrow. I wish they'd postpone the tournament I'm supposed to fish. The bilge pump will be running all day.

Mark , can't you hire a belly boat for the tournament on a short run , ......using that , you'd already be half way in the water , .....the rain won't be a dig deal anymore :lol::lol: !

Good luck , my friend , ........greetz , Dieter :yay:

Mark , can't you hire a belly boat for the tournament on a short run , ......using that , you'd already be half way in the water , .....the rain won't be a dig deal anymore :lol::lol: !

Good luck , my friend , ........greetz , Dieter :yay:

Hahaha. You were right, it poured, and my bilge pump ran all day.

I'm hoping for a little break in the rain today so I can dry out the boat.

Hi , folks ,

Just a couple of hours ago my good friend Hubert has put out the second part of his instructional crankbait making video , but this time with German AND English subtitles !

I'm sure that you guys gonna like it , ......thanks a lot for your work , Hubert :worship::worship::worship: !

Thanks for the great video Hubert and Dieter. Will definitely be trying out some of your tips.

Ben

Me, too. Folding the foil before cutting out the outline seems so obvious, but I never thought of it. Likewise, using hardware cloth for scaling is a great idea.

Thanks for the video AND the translation Dieter.

most excellent videos. Very nice job.

Hi , folks ,

Just a couple of hours ago my good friend Hubert has put out the second part of his instructional crankbait making video , but this time with German AND English subtitles !

I'm sure that you guys gonna like it , ......thanks a lot for your work , Hubert :worship::worship::worship: !

Me, too. Folding the foil before cutting out the outline seems so obvious, but I never thought of it. Likewise, using hardware cloth for scaling is a great idea.

Thanks for the video AND the translation Dieter.

Thanks alot for the vids and translations. the videos were awesome. i just started playing with my new air brush and this makes me want to start making my own hard baits.

A very nice video....getting the bill perfectly straight is the challenge in the whole process. Sometimes I can get it perfect and other times I may as well toss it and start over!

It was great to see someone else using a flat file to shape a lure, my favorite tool in the shop!!!

These two videos just summarized what took builders years ago months if not years to figure out. Now a new guy can build a perfect crank in one day. I sure wish these videos had been around when I started building.

Jed

Edited by RiverMan