CNC Molds N Stuff

Mini Presto Pot

21 hours ago, SlowFISH said:

I don't use salt often - but yes it does keep salt suspended.....as well as glitter.

The paddle in your presto should not go full diameter - I made mine slightly offset of center and if a diameter that I could leave my injector in the presto with the blades spinning.  So the stirring system never shuts off once I fire it up.

Keep the the injector in the plastic/presto keeps it hot and ready for the next shot... I never have to remove the cap(s) once i start to clean out any cold plugs as the heat in the presto keeps the injector 'clean".... single or dual injector all the same.

J.

What about cleaning out the presto pot do you have to remove the stirring assembly and the wooden board mounted on the top each time or is there a simpler method? 

can you send me the links for buying the paddle stirrers you guys use? thanks

Has anyone actually tried the Mini Presto deep fryer?  I have one showing up soon so if there are any tips I am open.

if not I guess I am the crash test dummy :)

I expect to heat the plastic first in the microwave, like I already do with the regular presto pots

Edited by aulrich

5 hours ago, aulrich said:

Has anyone actually tried the Mini Presto deep fryer?  I have one showing up soon so if there are any tips I am open.

if not I guess I am the crash test dummy :)

I expect to heat the plastic first in the microwave, like I already do with the regular presto pots

There has always been talk of the mini "Frydaddy" Presto - but some people avoided because the base didn't seem conducive for mounting a valve to "pour" and the price used to be more costly than the basic presto.

I'm real interested in your results.... I don't have any issue with my current prestos - but I tend to shoot small batches when I need them alto more than loading up to make a ton of baits and I think the smaller frydaddy presto would let me get the last little bit of material out a lot better than my large prestos that leave a good 1/2 cup of material on the bottom before I have issues getting the material out without sucking up air into the injector at the same time.

J.

Just got the unit today and if I had to guess it won't work "out of the box".   My unscientific test was turn it on empty and see how hot it gets the wall get as hot as 450. To contrast turn the cooker on to 350 and the bottom is 350.

I will try it but I will load it with hot plastic I think that will be the most likely to succeed. I need warmer weather before I will try, at -25c the garage heater can't keep up..

BUT

Inspired by the home built job further back in the thread can the control system be hacked to where the side walls only go to the temp set?

And that spawns another idea or two.

Low tech first. 

It's a long story but for a couple of years I have been watching chemistry videos on YouTube.  Sometimes you see the presenter put a round bottom flask in either an oil bath or sand for even heating. So could you take two wide mouth canning jars or similar heat tolerant container and put it into a presto pot cooker and surround it with sand to hold them in place and even out the heat.  I do have access to aluminum shavings aluminum does conduct heat better but I am not sure

the other is like the previously mentioned diy but with a less scary heat source.