Coley

Rounding flat baits

I have tried the bullnose bit and it will work. There are only two problems. 1. holding the bait while you round it. 2. the bit has the blade all of the way around the circumference of the bit. Unless you have a stop of some kind the bit will also shorten the profile of the bait.

A bullnose bit is a VERY AGRESSIVE bit. It really chews out alot wood in a single pass. You MUST have a way to safely fasten down the lure while you make your pass. If you want to send me a Private Msg. I will tell you what I have found. If you try this or any other type of router bit to round your lures, MAKE SURE that you are out of the way of the lure if it FLYs. Router bits on hardwoods can and probably will grab or gouge your wood. If it does this it will send the lure flying 6000000 mph into the wall unless it is securely fastened down. If you are in the way of the bait then it will become a permanent part of your body. I had a bit gouge a piece of 1/2 inch maple before and completely break it in half.

Coley, before you try any of this stuff get in touch with me to discuss it. I will share what I know with you. This can be real dangerous if you are not carefull. I will tell you what type of bit to use and how to make the cuts.

Skeeter