FUBAR

E-tex Question

Forgive me if this has been asked before, but I was wondering if you can add craft glitter to E-Tex while mixing it, then apply it to the bait. Can it be done.......has it been done, if so, does it affect the texture of the coating ? Any thoughts, opinion or experiences ?

Thanks,

Mark

It can be done. One thing I like about adding glitter this way is that you can move it around with a paint brush if you want more glitter in certain areas. Etex stays workable much longer than DN or D2T and this allows you to move the glitter around where you want it. It does leave a rough surface, but it's nothing another coat of clear won't fix. I personally like DN as my top coat and I've not had any adverse reactions applying DN over Etex.

New here and wondering, what is "Etex" and, DN or D2T . I know for now I use Envirotex lite to coat my lures.

to coat my lures.

i add glitter when the first coats tacky. when its that way it wont run. when dry apply a second coat. works for me

i add glitter when the first coats tacky. when its that way it wont run. when dry apply a second coat. works for me

New here and wondering, what is "Etex" and, DN or D2T . I know for now I use Envirotex lite to coat my lures.

to coat my lures.

D2T is the epoxy found in all department stores.

i just painted my first bait. i put a thin coat of D2T and sprinkled glitter on the bait. let it set up then added more. turned out great.