RayburnGuy

Scales For Weighing Lure Components

Can anyone recommend a good set of scales for weighing baits, ballast, etc. and where to find them? I did a search on "scales" and "weighing" and didn't find the answer I was looking for. Not sure if the answer isn't there or if I'm just not entering the right search phrase.

thanks guys,

Ben

Get a set of powder scales, either online from a shooting supplier or from a local gunshop. They are economical and have more than enough accuracy for lure building. You can also get a set of didital postal scales at a reasonable price but most only read to the nearest 1/10 ounce.

http://cgi.ebay.com/DigiWeigh-Digital-Pocket-Scale-Laboratory-G-OZ-OZT-DWT-/110626545970?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19c1db2132

Ben, Here's the $20 (shipping included) pocket size digital scale I got off Ebay (retail). Works fine and it's still working after 6 yrs. The little plastic protective cover is useful. Lay it on the scale before you turn it on, the scale zeros, then you can put unwieldy items like a large crankbait with trebles on the scale, as long as they don't exceed the 8 oz max weight. It weighs in various units - hundredths of an ounce, grams, etc, etc. Is it accurate to within 2%? Probably, but it doesn't matter as long as it weighs lure components consistently, from batch to batch.

Whittler, I gave away a set of reloading equipment complete with scales, dies and the whole nine yards. Didn't figure I'd need it anymore. As Bugs Bunny would say, "What a maroon".

Dave I'm so out of touch I probably wouldn't recognize a head shop if I saw one.

Bob I checked out the scale you posted the link for and they must have been on sale. Only $14.94 with shipping included. Didn't figure I'd find a better deal than that so I snapped it up.

thanks guys,

Ben

Whittler, I gave away a set of reloading equipment complete with scales, dies and the whole nine yards. Didn't figure I'd need it anymore. As Bugs Bunny would say, "What a maroon".

Dave I'm so out of touch I probably wouldn't recognize a head shop if I saw one.

Bob I checked out the scale you posted the link for and they must have been on sale. Only $14.94 with shipping included. Didn't figure I'd find a better deal than that so I snapped it up.

thanks guys,

Ben

the scales that i have came from staples they are postage scales and have both ounces and grams settings on them they were less than 20 bucks and have been going strong for close to 10 years

If you have a Target store near you they have a small scale made by Kitrics that is a 3 in 1 scale that I have for just the purpose you described. It weightes in oz. and gr. goes max 72oz. or 2000g. Cost is $30.00. OOPS! should have read all the post. See you found one. Sorry.

Edited by ron g