soonyee

My First Drop Shot Pours

First I would like to say hi and thank you to everyone on this forum. I have combined bits and pieces from each post and have gained a greater knowledge in the world of soft plastics.

This is a shot of some drop shot worms I poured. It was about my 5th attempt. I did not put salt in the mixture the first time resulting in a worm that stood almost vertical on a drop shot hook. I added a little salt to the mixture and now have a worm that rests horizontally when nose hooked.

If you look carefully, some of the worms have more glitter that others. I think it's because the glitter and salt settle during the pour. Stirring the plastic after pouring a couple of cavities to keep the glitter distribution consistent, I think would help. But then again maybe the bass' appetite sometimes asks for a little glitter at times and sometimes a lot of glitter. :)

Image1 (2).JPG

Image1 (2).JPG

Image1 (2).JPG

Image1 (2).JPG

Image1 (2).JPG

Image1 (2).JPG

Image1 (2).JPG

Image1 (2).JPG

post-21568-0-29754400-1293391418_thumb.jpg

First I would like to say hi and thank you to everyone on this forum. I have combined bits and pieces from each post and have gained a greater knowledge in the world of soft plastics.

This is a shot of some drop shot worms I poured. It was about my 5th attempt. I did not put salt in the mixture the first time resulting in a worm that stood almost vertical on a drop shot hook. I added a little salt to the mixture and now have a worm that rests horizontally when nose hooked.

If you look carefully, some of the worms have more glitter that others. I think it's because the glitter and salt settle during the pour. Stirring the plastic after pouring a couple of cavities to keep the glitter distribution consistent, I think would help. But then again maybe the bass' appetite sometimes asks for a little glitter at times and sometimes a lot of glitter. :)

Hmmm,

I tried opening the picture and it's taking forever to load. I will shrink the file size to see if it helps.

drop.JPG

drop.JPG

drop.JPG

drop.JPG

drop.JPG

drop.JPG

drop.JPG

drop.JPG

post-21568-0-46749200-1293392330_thumb.jpg

Those look great. Shrinking the picture helped.

Stirring the plastic as you move from cavity to cavity will keep the salt and flake mixed, but it also cools the plastic faster, so it's a kind of a trade off. I mix mine like crazy, and then pour. I'm too clumsey to mix as I go. :lol:

Did you make a mold for them, or find one already made?

Edited by mark poulson

Those look great. Shrinking the picture helped.

Stirring the plastic as you move from cavity to cavity will keep the salt and flake mixed, but it also cools the plastic faster, so it's a kind of a trade off. I mix mine like crazy, and then pour. I'm too clumsey to mix as I go. :lol:

Did you make a mold for them, or find one already made?

It's an aluminum mold I purchased. I have not crossed over to making my own molds...yet. I am waiting for some RTV that I ordered to make some swim bait molds. I am also going to try and make a mold out of fiberglass resin.

My problem with hobbies like this is that I sometimes don't test the water...I just dive in. :)

It's an aluminum mold I purchased. I have not crossed over to making my own molds...yet. I am waiting for some RTV that I ordered to make some swim bait molds. I am also going to try and make a mold out of fiberglass resin.

My problem with hobbies like this is that I sometimes don't test the water...I just dive in. :)

The baits came out great.

Whose mold are you using?

Nice job! I wish my first pour ever came out like yours.....You obviously did a little bit of homework. Good job

Thanks for the kind words. The learning curve was shorten by reading through the posts on this web site.

Thanks to everyone who participate and contribute in sharing their knowledge.