rjmarlowe

Just Wanted To Say Thanks

Hey guys! I have been digging around on the site for a little while now and decided to take the plunge and start painting my own baits. I found nearly everytime I had a question, I just had to look through old posts and found my answers. I took the advice of many different posts on here as to which brush to buy, what paint to use, and how to paint baits in general. I started messing around on paper around Thanksgiving of this year and one month later, I am putting my first baits to clear. I owe about 95% of my progress so far to the many helpful posts on this site. Here are a couple of pictures of my first cleared baits I did this week. Thanks to everyone for so many detailed posts.

photo 1.JPGphoto 2.JPGphoto 3.JPG

photo 1.JPG

photo 2.JPG

photo 3.JPG

photo 1.JPG

photo 2.JPG

photo 3.JPG

photo 1.JPG

photo 2.JPG

photo 3.JPG

photo 1.JPG

photo 2.JPG

photo 3.JPG

photo 1.JPG

photo 2.JPG

photo 3.JPG

photo 1.JPG

photo 2.JPG

photo 3.JPG

photo 1.JPG

photo 2.JPG

photo 3.JPG

post-24965-0-71820800-1293648384_thumb.jpg

post-24965-0-31612700-1293648407_thumb.jpg

post-24965-0-87975900-1293648417_thumb.jpg

Hey guys! I have been digging around on the site for a little while now and decided to take the plunge and start painting my own baits. I found nearly everytime I had a question, I just had to look through old posts and found my answers. I took the advice of many different posts on here as to which brush to buy, what paint to use, and how to paint baits in general. I started messing around on paper around Thanksgiving of this year and one month later, I am putting my first baits to clear. I owe about 95% of my progress so far to the many helpful posts on this site. Here are a couple of pictures of my first cleared baits I did this week. Thanks to everyone for so many detailed posts.

photo 1.JPGphoto 2.JPGphoto 3.JPG

JAM-UP.........IF THESE ARE YOUR FIRST PAINTINGS....I WANT TO SEE WHAT YOU DO NEXT !!!!!!!!!NUGENE

Thanks! Don't get me wrong, I had my share of screw ups during the last couple of weeks. These are the first few I'm proud of though. Blending, shading, scaling, and color mixing have been relatively easy to pick up. It's the fine detail stuff like craw patterns that I haven't gotten to work for me yet. It is really addictive, I can promise that. I look forward to learning more and advancing my technique as time goes on. I can't begin to say enough about how this site helped me get started. Without it, I definitely would have gotten frustrated and quit really quickly.

Those are really nice. Way better than my first attempts. Can't wait to see what you'll be painting after you get a couple months experience under your belt. :yay:

Thanks for the compliment. I only get to paint for a little while every now and then. I have to put out my spread on the kitchen table and typically get shut down after the compressor cuts on about 2-3 times messing up my wife's tv watching. It limits me to about 2 hours between supper and tv time to paint. I call it compromise! LOL! I have plans for a mobile work station I can use in other locations like the garage (when it gets warmer). I will keep everyone posted and keep the pics coming. I'm definitely hooked now!

FYI, here is the setup I bought based on everyone's imput...

IWATA Eclipse gravity feed brush with particle filter

1hp compressor with 4Gal Tank and regulator

Createx Paint Sets (Opaque, Flourescent, Pearl)

Clear Laquer/ Devcon 2 Ton (field testing to see what I like)

Blanks and all hardware from BustinBassBaits.com