MikePaintsBaits

Clear Coat , Next Closest , To Dick Nite ?

Well Everyone I'm Running On The Last Of My Dick Nite ....Fumes

I don't really want to mess with any 2 part , mixing issues.

For the experts in the clear coat field , has anyone tried & had success with

a clear coat close to & holds up as well as dick nites.

Thanks All

Mike

Edited by MikePaintsBaits

Mike,

Havent tried DN, but have tried Pelucid by POR which I think it similar. The baits I have tried with this held up well in the end but drying time for me was a big issue so I dont use it any more. The baits I did do now have possibly the best coating on anything I have. Anyway, you can dip and brush pelucid, if your setup to store DN you should be well underway to handle the storage issues.

Angus

I was told the POR product was nearly identical to DN. Does anyone know if it has similar storage issues?

RM

Jed,

Yes it has the same storage issues as DN, leave it without some sort of protection from air and it will set up on you. I found Argon welding gas to be the best solution. What I have left is still good due to the argon. I have found Argon also works well with automotive clear.

Regards,

Angus

Glisten PC is 2 part mix.. I just mix out what Im going to use when I use it. My negative with DN was once you open the can LET THE GAMES BEGIN.. with Glisten you mix in the hardner yourself. Save the other stuff for later. The negative with Glisten is it takes 3 to 5 days to dry... if you spray, dip or brush on monday.. you have to hang them up and not touch them until Thursday or Friday. Make sure you heat set them really.. I MEAN REALLY Good if your going to dip or brush. You can wrinkle your paint job very easy with stuff.. just like you can with DN if you dont heat set it good. Good luck.

I've tried Glisten PC and it goes on with ease and self levels w/o turning. No storage issues and it comes in different cans. My experience is; one coat works pretty good but I like a more glossy look [i even dip twice with DN]. I tried multiple coats and it went on smooth and looked great but began to flake off after sitting for some time. However it only flaked off to the orginial coat. So if your satisfied with one coat then it works good.

BTW: I only brushed it on. I never tried dipping or spraying Glisten.