CatchemCaro

Some More Createx Questions.

Ok, I have been playing with my Iwata Air Brushs and I'm feeling good about what I have learned, but I have a few more questions for you guys in the know.

1st ?, How do you apply "Candy" colors? Do you use them over only specific colors? And can you give me any links to examples or Candys being used and maybe some break down formulas, IE, Green Candy goes good over ?

2nd?, When spraying silvers or aluminum color createx what base coat color are you guys using or are you just using them for a sparkely affect over colors?

3rd?, Is there a link or links to some good examples with the formulas of people using different colors and types of createx. Such as certin colors with transparents, pearls, Opaques etc... Over other colors?

Im going to figure these questions out one way or another, but it seems as if it would be a lot quicker to learn from the masters. I have been learning through trial and error and it has been fun and I plan on playing a lot more with this new way of painting my baits. I'm weening myself off rattle cans slowly. I will tell you, those rattle cans can still do some good fast work. The air brush seems to take a little more time, but the results are much better and the control is awsome. I will post some pictures soon. I just want to make sure that my first pictures posted of my air brushed baits are good ones. Thanks again for all the information in the past and any awnsers to these. Have a great and safe new years.

Rich

Edited by CatchemCaro

You might be better off reading on some of the airbrushing websites - there are lots of guys on them who paint model cars, motorcycles, autos, etc with candies, pearls, shift colors, etc. The hardbait cookbook at the head of this section contains lots of color formulas for different classic paint patterns but as far as transparent color layering goes, that really seems to be mostly experimentation/experience by the individual.

Thanks Bob, the cook book thread is great. I can only see one picture of an example and that is Hasmails post. I can see his picture with his recipe. That cook book would be great if there was a good detailed picture with every recipe. Or maybe a recipe/gallery page too. All I know is these air brushs are great and when you get a finish you like it's way cool.

Rich

Hey! I just joined the site, but I have been airbrushing for quite a few years, and taught it for a few at the local college. I'm familiar with Iwatas, Createx, and how the two work together. Hope I can answer some of your questions to your satisfaction.

1) When applying candy, it has to be mixed with the transparent reducer! Use the candies over anything, but metallics and 'hot' colours look the best. White is always a good base for candies too. Because painting candies too heavy will always tend to black, painting them in light passes over light colours is always the best show, but they can be used to intensify darker colours.

2) I use the aluminum paints as a base mainly, but have mixed a drop or two into colours to add sparkle. The aluminums are literally ground aluminum in a clear medium, so they don't tend to tint your colour when you add them.

3) I don't know of any good recipes, I just look at a picture of the colour/fade/transition I want to paint then paint what you see. A colour wheel would be a good cheap investment. You'll learn what colours look good together, and how to mix them, either in the brish or laying the paint.

I'm just finishing up my first few baits and will be basing/sealing them tomorrow, I'll take pictures of my painting progress for you if you want. You can check out some of my work at www.freewebs.com/criticalair/

Critical Air

Ok, I have been playing with my Iwata Air Brushs and I'm feeling good about what I have learned, but I have a few more questions for you guys in the know.

1st ?, How do you apply "Candy" colors? Do you use them over only specific colors? And can you give me any links to examples or Candys being used and maybe some break down formulas, IE, Green Candy goes good over ?

2nd?, When spraying silvers or aluminum color createx what base coat color are you guys using or are you just using them for a sparkely affect over colors?

3rd?, Is there a link or links to some good examples with the formulas of people using different colors and types of createx. Such as certin colors with transparents, pearls, Opaques etc... Over other colors?

Im going to figure these questions out one way or another, but it seems as if it would be a lot quicker to learn from the masters. I have been learning through trial and error and it has been fun and I plan on playing a lot more with this new way of painting my baits. I'm weening myself off rattle cans slowly. I will tell you, those rattle cans can still do some good fast work. The air brush seems to take a little more time, but the results are much better and the control is awsome. I will post some pictures soon. I just want to make sure that my first pictures posted of my air brushed baits are good ones. Thanks again for all the information in the past and any awnsers to these. Have a great and safe new years.

Rich