TBait

Pasche airbrush question????

Which needle is the best to spray Createx colors thru? What pressure are you all spraying at and how do you prevent runs if spraying at higher pressures? My problem is that the acrylic paints seem to dry quickly and cause the gun to not work properly. Advise please...... Beginner at airbrushing..........

Wow, this could take a while. For the most part a VL or Milennium will shoot createx pretty well with a #3 needle and tip. PSI and viscosity of the paint are extremely variable. Mostly I shoot with the #3 at 30-40 PSI. I basecoat with a #5 assembly and needle, using pro-flo white (not thinned much) +45PSI. The #1 needle is good for fine detail and blending (erasing) but requires a pretty thin paint. You can make the paint "splatter" with any of the needles by thickening the paint and reducing PSI.

If the paint viscocity, needle, and PSI are dialed in properly then runs, and excessively wet paint should not be a problem. For me that is usually a technique problem, caused when I am releasing too much paint at too high of a pressure. Can take care of that by releasing less paint with the trigger and moving the brush over the bait more quickly 9less time for the paint to pile up).

With createx you will get clogging of the tip. Short of adding retarder (which I think gums up the brush), your best bet is to frequently remove the build up from the cone with a damp rag/cloth. If it really clogs up, just pull the color cup of and shoot some water or cleaner thru teh brush, then resume.

This is the brief version...please email if you need/want more info. Hope it helps.