JFOWLER204

Crankbait Not Running True

What are some thing I could check? I a new lc 2.5 that wants to run on its left side. What would cause this?

I apologize in advance if you already know about crankbait tuning - but if there is not an internal problem, like a ballast ball that got glued inside where it shouldn't be, it sounds like you just need to tune the bait. Take some needle nose pliers and bend the line tie slightly in the direction opposite the direction the bait wants to run. Cast it out 20 ft and see how it runs after the adjustment. If it's just a tuning problem, you can fix it by small incremental adjustments left/right to the line tie. It's a very typical problem with crankbaits, though most Lucky Craft baits are built to such good quality standards that it's fairly rare to find one that doesn't run straight right out of the package. If tuning won't work, there's an internal problem and I'd return it to BassPro for an exchange

I'm also assuming you tie your line directly to the stock split ring that comes on the bait, and are not using additional snaps or swivels on your line. Added hardware can cause an imbalance in the "pull point" and make the bait run as if it's out of tune.