orionn1

D2t Recoating 2nd Time?

I airbrushed my lure and then coated with d2ton. Lure was looking sweet and then my rotating machine got knocked over and scuffed up my undried lures. They have some minor scratches. Can I airbrush over the clear coat now that it is dry and then recoat with d2ton?

robert

You can but you may not need to. Without seeing the lure it is hard to say for sure but the cool thing about the clear coat is that you can sand it and put a new coat of clear over it. As long as you didn't sand down to the original paint under your first clear coat layer it will return to it's shiny luster. If there is something it the clear coat you that you can't clear over then you can sand the original layer of clear smooth and paint over it and then clear again. This seems like babbling so if you don't understand just ask and I'll try again.

If the epoxy is just marred, why not just put on another coat of epoxy? It will cure any scratches in the original epoxy coating. Thin the new epoxy with a little denature alcohol if you want a thinner coating added to the original one. If you need to sand the original to fix a bad spot, new epoxy will fill in the sanding scratches and make them disappear. But if you sand into the paint, you might as well take it all off and start from scratch. BTW, freshly cured epoxy will peel pretty easily once you get it started with a sharp knife.

I airbrushed my lure and then coated with d2ton. Lure was looking sweet and then my rotating machine got knocked over and scuffed up my undried lures. They have some minor scratches. Can I airbrush over the clear coat now that it is dry and then recoat with d2ton?

robert

I've done both with a lure coated with D2T.

I have sanded down a bad spot and then re-coated with D2T with on problems. And I have airbrushed / painted on the D2T clear coat and when dried I clear coated again with D2T with no problems.